Unity AR/VR Developer
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8,500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics. Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
GHD has an immediate need for a full-time Unity AR/VR Developer for our Waterloo, ON office.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
• Assist in the development of Augmented and Virtual Reality projects in our new flagship Canadian headquarters located in Waterloo, Ontario.
• Working on projects for high profile clients (including many Fortune 500) to create immersive AR and VR experiences that help communicate complex information in a clear and intuitive manner
• Working closely with senior creative staff to develop a variety of scientific/engineering simulations and data visualization scenarios
• This role will involve development, documentation, testing, debugging/troubleshooting of augmented and virtual reality projects
• Creating AR and VR experiences using Unity3D
• Developing AR projects using the Hololens platform with the potential to expand to other platforms in the future (Oculus, ARKit, etc)
• Some participation in meetings with clients
Skills Competencies and Qualifications:
• Computer Science degree, relevant College diploma, or relevant work experience
• Proficiency and proven experience using Unity3D
• 2+ years of proven experience in Unity3D
• Knowledge of other AR/VR platforms is an asset (AR Kit, Vuforia, Windows MR Devices, Kinect, etc) is an asset
• Ability to collaborate well with creative team of animators and illustrators
• Comfortable working in a modern, open-concept office environment• Software knowledge: Unity, Autodesk 3ds max, Visual Basic
• Ability to create, use, and optimize Unity assets (3D models, shaders, particle systems, lighting, etc)
• Familiar with Unity3D workflow – specifically pertaining to AR/VR projects
• Knowledge working with Hololens Toolkit is an asset
We offer a professional working environment and culture, and we believe that work / life balance is contributes to the success and happiness of our people.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.