Why we need you
We need a DevOps Specialist to support a high transaction, globally distributed infrastructure. You will play a critical role in developing our infrastructure for deploying and managing our SaaS solution. The ideal candidate is a team-oriented individual who combines excellent operational judgment with solid network, management and troubleshooting skills. You enjoy the challenge of working with others to solve problems, adapt well to change, and can work independently in a fast-paced environment.
You will analyze our current production infrastructure and operations and update and improve upon it. Get involved with our code deployment and database administration process. Develop scripts to check the health of the system and various application subsystems and respond to alerts. Proactively support 24x7x365 production and disaster recovery data center operations.
We need you because:
You are self-directed: you don’t wait for others to tell you what needs doing.
You self-align: you do what the company needs done when it needs to be done, without having to be asked.
You are accountable: you crave ownership of what you work on, take credit for your successes, and accept responsibility for your failures.
You are versatile: your broad range of skills allows you to help where you’re most needed, but your depth makes you a devops specialist.
What you’ll tell your friends you do
“I’m part of the DevOps team at BSM Technologies. We support a globally distributed ASP infrastructure that help our customers manage their vehicle fleets as well as other assets.”
What you will really be doing
- Deploying, configuring, monitoring, researching and troubleshooting in a high availability production environment.
- Monitoring data-flow through multiple data-processing environments.
- Provisioning and configuring new server and systems in both hosted and AWS cloud environment.
- Modifying database and system configurations to support changes in data processing operations.
- Researching data and operational discrepancies based on customer and support team.
- Participating in our after-hours, rotational, on-call schedule.
- Collaborating with DEV/QA/Technical support teams for deployments with minimal customer impact
- Building a team of top-talent devops specialists of various experience levels.
- Growing team members professionally through mentoring and leading by example.
- Continuously improving yourself, the team, the processes you use, and the company’s mobile products.
Who you’ll be working with
As a DevOps Specialist, you will be:
- Working with other DevOps specialists to maintain a platform distributed in few different locations including AWS
- Collaborating with Product Managers, DEV/QA, Technical Support and Sales teams
Our goal at BSM is to blend the benefits of co-located teams with distributed expertise. You’ll be working with team members in various sites across North America and Europe while building a local center of excellence. While teams may not always sit together physically, they place special emphasis on lifting each other up.
What we need you to bring
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 SaaS environment.
- Experience with building, deploying and scaling out SaaS/Cloud applications on Amazon Web Services.
- Experience designing and implementing system automation for monitoring and deployment purposes.
- Experience with maintaining applications in a Linux and windows environment.
- Thorough experience with Database installation, administration, replication, query analysis and performance tuning MS-SQL/MySQL
- Knowledge of IP Networking, Network security, Firewalls, Load Balancing and DDOS mitigation
- Experience with continuous integration using Jenkins, log collection, and analysis, version control systems like GitHub or SVN
- Strong scripting skills – Bash, Shell, power shell
- Web server technologies, IIS, Apache, Tomcat, Java script
- Experience in Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform and any other orchestration tools are a plus
- Understanding of container technologies such as Docker and container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes or Swarm is an asset
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and responsibly in a demanding fast-paced team environment
- Big Data experience is an asset
- Strong attention to details
- A bias toward automation over routine manual tasks.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
Benefits and Perks
- Vacation starting at three weeks per year
- Extended health benefits and MSP fully paid by company
- Long term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick days
- Transit subsidy
- Monthly lunches
- Fun monthly social events
- Employee Discounts
- Recognition and awards
- Tuition Assistance
- Online learning (Lynda.com access; HR downloads)
BSM Technologies is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.