Technology is fast becoming a driving force in the education market space. As the centralized application service for Ontario’s public colleges, as well as a shared technology services provider, we recognize the demand for leading-edge systems and tools that help streamline application-to-college processes. We’re dedicated to meeting this demand and to providing quality service for both our college stakeholders and our applicant customers. We’re looking for innovators and creative thinkers who can bring their expertise and passion for business and technology services to our growing team. If you have these things, we’re looking forward to meeting you.
At OCAS, we’re looking for a passionate and experienced Manager, Finance to help strengthen and maintain OCAS’ finance portfolio. A numbers guru and proven leader, you’ll work with the Finance team and across the organization to handle all aspects of the organization’s financial services, including capital and operating plans, cash and expense management, and management reporting.
A confident speaker with a knack for presenting numbers in easy-to-digest formats, you’ll share information that drives decision-making at the highest levels of the organization, from the Executive team to the Board of Directors. Comfortable building relationships with external partners, you’ll also deliver accounting services to several small college system entities beyond OCAS’ four walls.
As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with remarkable individuals and colleagues who support each other in achieving high performance
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls, policies and procedures
- Coordinate the completion of multi-year capital and operating plans
- Coordinate periodic financial, statistical and related management information packages
- Manage cash and expense management and reconciliation activities
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Manage fixed asset control and reporting functions
- Oversee the completion of all statutory reporting submissions and requirements
- Co-ordinate the preparation of annual financial statement audits
- Support the Board of Directors, Audit Committee, and Executive team in the provision of information for use in decision-making
- CPA designation
- A 3-year postsecondary diploma or degree
- 5 years of practical accounting experience, with demonstrable success in a leadership role
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to resolve conflicts
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and organization skills
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office software
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
Desirable Experience With:
- MS Dynamics NAV software package
- Retail sales tax (HST)
- A not-for-profit accounting environment
Position Reports to: Director, Corporate Services
Resumes and cover letters stating qualifications should be submitted to:
CLOSING DATE: May 18, 2018
While we thank all respondents for their interest, only those candidates being invited to interview for this position will be contacted.