Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for technical innovation, reliability, and performance. Our teams are passionate about solving problems, which help our customers do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently. We are equally passionate about the people who make this happen. Our team. We offer careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry.
About the Position
We are looking for a Hardware Architect who will conceptualize and design the electronics for brand new industry-leading aircraft and related systems. We want someone who can contribute to our vision for reliable, all-weather UAV’s and make the next generation of aircraft a reality.
You are a highly experienced hardware engineer who has designed and delivered numerous rigid boards, flexes, and complex systems. You’ve lived the full product life cycle from multiple prototypes through to production launch and in-field issue resolution. You’ve fought through tough problems in signal integrity, power integrity, reliability, EMI, ESD, RF desense, etc.
Yet, you are more than a senior hardware engineer – you’re an architect. What sets you apart is your ability to conceptualize new ways of building electronic systems. You’re always looking for better ways to build things. You’ve designed complex systems from the top down and figured out the best way to achieve the product requirements. You have an extraordinary ability to work cross functionaly and communicate clearly with others. Your experience shows technical leadership and a track record of innovation. You are a great mentor who team members seek out for advice and technical direction.
As a member of the Hardware Development team, you will:
- Architect the electronics for new aircraft and accessories
- High level design including research, feasibility analysis, generation of multiple design concepts
- Select key technologies, processors, sensors, and other elements
- Partition new designs into their constituent sub-assemblies, boards, flexes, busses, signals, and power rails.
- Make early design trade off decisions, then optimize for reliability, cost, flight time, testability, and manufacturing as required.
- Work closely with mechanical, software, RF, system, and other architects
- Assist with selecting technology partners
- Provide board/flex level specifications which enable parallel execution (schematic/layout) on these designs by other engineers
- Quickly prototype and validate risky concepts to reduce overall design risk
- Execute on individual pieces of the designs:
- Take individual board and flex designs through schematic, layout, multiple prototype cycles, verification, factory test, and into production.
- Guide PCB layout of complex multi-layer rigid, flex, and rigid-flex boards.
- Work with external vendors to resolve board DFM, fabrication, component and test issues
- Drive system level verification and validation activities including signal integrity and power integrity checks.
- Be hands-on in system level and board-level debugging of prototypes and in-market products.
- Participate in the hardware team’s design review processes.
- Some travel may occasionally be required. (typically once a quarter or less)
What You Bring
- BASc or B.Eng in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 10+ years’ experience designing electronic products, with at least 3+ years as an architect or technical lead.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with rigid board and flex circuit design (schematic, layout, and manufacturing/cost considerations)
- Hands-on debugging skills with common lab equipment.
- Understanding of common signal busses: I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, CSI/MIPI, PCIe, USB2/3, Ethernet, etc (the more, the better).
- System level problem solving skills (ESD, EMI, desense, reliability, etc)
- High-speed signal integrity and eye diagrams
- Experience with any of these is a plus:
- Motor control
- Harsh environment design (vibration, ingress, thermal)
- Experience with our software tool set is beneficial: Altium Designer, Arena, JIRA
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process please email careers @aeryon.com or call (519) 489-6726.
These are more soft skills and I can help with that when I phone screen them. We can script some questions to help answer that. I’d rather trim here then with the skill set you’re looking for.
More search results
Copy of Software Support Analyst / Pre and Post S…
RouteOptix Management Systems Inc.
Intermediate Software Engineer
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.