Software Quality Analyst
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Delivery Practices and Quality Assurance is an organization that leads the design and execution of technology services shared divisionally. Quality Assurance Services (QAS) provides testing services to Canadian Division Technology (CDT) systems and applications.
QAS is looking for someone with quality assurance experience, and who is self-directed, motivated, critical thinking and collaborative. This role has accountability for overall QAS deliverables that support strategic and operational projects implemented by our CDT business unit partners. It includes coordinating and creating deliverables for CDT projects & programs to ensure QA commitments are delivered on time, within budget, and aligned with the project scope while adhering to the delivery methodology and QA standards.
The successful candidate can expect to work with a variety of systems, execute manual and automated tests, work in agile or waterfall methodologies and be assigned to initiatives at various levels of complexity from full integration programs to more tactical enhancements
As a Software Quality Analyst, you will:
- Perform testing for all size assignments, report progress, gather and analyze metrics
- Create and execute test strategies, test plans, estimates, scenarios and cases using HP ALM and/or Jira.
- Configure, implement, maintain and validate test data and test environments
- Contribute to Continuous Testing implementation within DevOps by building scripts and implementing automated tests improving Sanity, Smoke and Regression tests suites coverage
- Identify and implement Risk Based Analysis and Testing techniques suitable for your initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships within the business unit and QA Services, including Global Resources
- Identify, analyze and track all defects through the Defect Life Cycle Model ensuring satisfactory resolution
- Collaborate with geographically and culturally diverse cross-functional teams
You will bring and continuously build upon the following knowledge & skills:
- Sound knowledge of quality assurance practices, tools and techniques
- Experience working with Agile methodologie
- Experience working with test automation tools
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify productivity and efficiency improvements
- Ability to identify automation opportunities
- Proven ability to quickly and easily adapt to change
Last year Manulife / John Hancock spent $1.4 billion on technology. You may be working with:
- Test Automation Tools: Selenium, ROBOT, Micro Focus UFT, DevTest, SoapUI, Postman
- Programming Language: Java, Java script, VB script, Python, C#
- Test Management Tools: Micro Focus ALM, Jira
- DevOps Toolkit : Jenkins, Docker, Git, GitLab
- Office 365: One Drive, Skype for Business, Sharepoint, Yammer, Confluence
Want to learn more? Apply today; we are eager to speak with you!
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.