Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
We're not who you think we are.
What if I told you that Manulife, a financial company, has a supportive work environment with flexible hours, jeans, and work from home arrangements? What if I told you we're working towards modern tools/processes and striving to innovate while growing our business?
We're a large company that embraces diversity and hires loads of talented people, and we are going through a transformation to ensure we continue to evolve our great technology division - within our great financial company.
Can you help us help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations?!
Institutional Technology (IIT) is looking to grow our application support team with more talent like you. The Group Retirement Solutions (GRS) team is looking for a dynamic, experienced, customer focused, energetic IT professional with a passion for providing great service and building relationships. Do you thrive in a fast paced, complex, changing technical environment and love making things better? Then keep reading…
As a GRS support team member, you will help identify, recommend and deliver technology solutions that do just that. You’ll partner with many other talented IT and business professionals to implement cross-platform solutions to delight our customers. You will have the exciting challenge of introducing new technology and solutions into a complex production environment ensuring stability and availability for our customers.
What’s the job?
- Work with IT project partners to understand the technical and business solutions ensuring they will be supportable in a production environment
- Play a key role in escalated issues and technical impediments, providing governance for troubleshooting complex system issues
- Provide leadership through training and/or mentoring team members
- Accountable for the articulation of solutions, to various levels
- Challenge our technology partners and vendors to derive maximum value
- Support the utilization of Shared Services functions to ensure the successful implementation of projects and initiatives; contribute to a Service oriented team and culture
- Adhere to Global Information Risk Management policies and standards
- Participation in a management on-call rotation may be required
What’s in it for YOU?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, to model progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive compensation
- Retirement Savings Accounts including a RPP (Pension Plan), RRSP (Retirement Savings Plan), and TFSA (Tax Free Savings account)
- Manulife Share Ownership Program with employer matching
- Customizable Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, and 100% of Mental Health expenses
- Financial support for ongoing training, learning, and education
- Wearing jeans to work every day
- An abundance of career paths and opportunities to advance
- A flexible work environment with flex hours, work from home arrangements and distributed teams
We think you would be a great fit if you:
- Love IT Service Management!
- Have fantastic communication skills - you can talk tech with the techies and business with our business partners. You use those communication skills to influence solutions and create clear, concise strategies and related plans
- Are known to be an innovative problem solver and love solving problems
- Have a keen interest in understanding the business strategy and can gain credibility with your business partners
- Are a collaborative team player who can lead and/or support project development deliverables while ensuring a stable supportable production environment
- Are flexible and adaptable when dealing with change
- Can influence and negotiate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Maintain a balance of confidence and approachability
- You love learning and championing change!
- Knowledge/experience with full-stack technology solutions, including backend, data layers, integration, customer/engagement tiers, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation and influencing skills at various levels from developers to the project managers to the VP of Institutional.
- Have the ability to build relationships easily with a diverse group of internal and/or external vendor IT teams.
- Superior organizational, time and project management skills and an excellent ability to recognize critical path deliverables and key dependencies in order to deliver within tight timelines
- Ability to work and lead effectively in dynamic, complex situations within a fast-paced, customer-focused environment
- Experience with financial and retirement systems and/or familiarity with business functionality (e.g., retirement products)
- Always have an eye to the future – we need thought leaders who thrive on learning about what’s on the horizon and seeing if/how it can apply to the customer challenges we need to solve
- Killer skills in simplifying complex information – verbally and visually – to help bring people along the information journey
- Exposure to Cloud application platforms
- Willingness and ability to both lead AND put hands to keyboard
- Understand ITIL framework
- Experience with DevOps is an asset, as we’re transforming to embrace continuous integration, continuous delivery, etc.
- Ability to drive forward critical discussions and key decisions through ongoing collaboration with others and urgency, when necessary, to maintain momentum
- Knowing how to seek out the right information and ask the right questions
- Exceptional collaboration skills – ability to work with a large, diverse group of cross-functional team members and drive progress
- Open and honest – can listen to and respect the ideas of others, but effective at respectfully challenging others and giving feedback in the moment
- You’re a quick learner and you have an unlimited aptitude and excitement for learning new stuff!
- 5-8 years of experience in an enterprise Information Systems environment
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.