At Bidvine we’re tackling a huge problem: trying to make hiring trusted local service professionals ridiculously easy. So far, so good. We launched in early 2015, have raised several rounds of funding and have seen great growth numbers, but we’re just getting started. We need you to help us keep building and growing.
We are looking for a Data Scientist with deep interest/expertise in statistics. You need a major passion for using data to solve real-world problems - and you want an internship where your input really makes a difference!
What You'll Do
- Become familiar with our datasets and the analysis tools that we work with
- Suggest a new set of tools and convince us why
- Learn about the business and the problems (short-term and long-term) that we face
- Fill holes in our analysis platform and identify the areas of our business that are most important to focus on
- Deliver detailed analyses, including a strategic plan for how to act upon your findings
- Improve the team’s access to advanced analysis tools and begin teaching them how to most effectively use them
- Establish a roadmap for advanced analysis projects
- Implement strategic initiatives and begin measuring the impact on key metrics associated with the initiative
- Perform complex modelling, from forecasting and simulation to building our machine learning models.
- Empower the rest of the team to apply advanced analytics to their own projects using your analysis tools
What You'll Need
- 3-5 years of experience using advanced analysis to guide strategic decisions
- Curiosity & smarts
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Experience using tools such as R or Python, or just plain old SQL
- Experience working with statistics and supervised/unsupervised models
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, Apache Spark, Tensorflow, etc
- Experience working with marketplaces is a big plus
What You'll Get
- A competitive base salary
- Stock options
- Health benefits
- Paid vacation and sick leave
We are happy to welcome you into our office... no remote hires.