Why join Igloo:
We’re at an unprecedented impasse in the world of work. CEO’s are becoming increasingly concerned about employee engagement, productivity is scattered with the proliferation of apps and tools, and there are major gaps in the demographics and internal culture of businesses worldwide. Igloo addresses these challenges by bringing together people, processes, through a portfolio of digital workplace solutions and best of breed services.
Igloo’s goal is to help people communicate and collaborate in the workplace. This means creating simple but effective workflows to enable people to create content and a delightful experience for consuming and collaborating on it. We need a design leader who fights for the user, sets a high bar for design in all of our products and is a champion for instilling a design culture in our business.
Why this role is important:
As a key member of the performance & optimization team you will work alongside a fabulous team of developers. You’ll help to enhance the performance, scale, security and optimization of our software and tooling while also crushing more than a few interesting bugs. This is an incredibly meaningful role working on our flagship product that is literally changing how the world works!
You’re a great fit for our team if you are passionate about building digital platforms and providing innovative ways of connecting services that provide an exceptional customer experience at scale and in real-time.
The impact you’ll have:
- Contribute: You’ll work with your team to enhance, scale and secure Igloo’s flagship software and services!
- Learn: Work with the rest of the development teams to continually learn, understand, determine and establish meaningful standards that support modern development practices and patterns.
- Investigate: Ownership of the troubleshooting and targeted refactoring of under performing application areas.
- Improve: Relentlessly track down and squash tricky bugs that cause our customers pain through thoughtful and elegant solutions.
- Collaborate: Work cross-functionally with other Engineering teams to establish, implement and guide the delivery of performance & optimization team services.
What you’ll need:
- 4+ years of hands-on web development experience
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Strong knowledge of working with RESTful APIs
- Previous experience optimizing, scaling, refactoring or securing web applications
- Highly detail oriented with exceptional follow up and follow through
- The ability to problem solve and think both critically and creatively
- Exceptional ability to communicate (including written documentation skills)
Tech stack (brownie points!):
- HTML and CSS
- Front-end frameworks and templating languages
- .Net MVC5 and C#
- MSMQ and/or Kafka messaging
- SQL and NoSQL experience
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee and tea, treats every pay day, and an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, and we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes their work easier.
You own the work you do. Your decisions are yours, and you’re evaluated on results. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative organization where everyone has a voice – there’s no such thing as a bad idea.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about Igloo Software