Full Stack Developer
- Coretec Inc.
- Waterloo or Remote
- Starting salary + performance-based raises
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 60,000 - 79,999
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
Make an Impact. Grow. Lead.
Been there done that with the average SaaS product company? Are you a solid developer who is driven to learn and continue to grow your skills? If you’re interested to get into software consulting, working on new and challenging projects with interesting clients, and you genuinely enjoy building software that make people’s lives better, then this role may be perfect for you!
Who we are:
Coretec is a software consultancy and development firm based in Waterloo, Ontario. We create highly polished web and mobile apps for startups, scale-ups, and enterprise clients. But at Coretec, we don't just make apps. We create the software that people use to get things done, live better lives, and improve the bottom line. That's what we call Core Technology.
Who we are looking for:
As a member of the Coretec team you will collaborate with senior developers and project managers to build products for our customers. We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about building great software. You’re excited to read articles, learn new and better ways to write code, and engage with the local tech community.
- Daily standup with your teammates
- Meet and collaborate with clients on a regular (weekly/daily) basis
- Discover project requirements and make decisions on an ongoing basis from meetings with clients
- Write code, read code, talk code with your peers, read some articles, work on advancing your skills
- Working closely with a highly motivated, experienced, cross discipline team
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and events
- Self-improvement time, where we take time to learn new tools, techniques, work on open source, create new ideas, and try to make ourselves, our team, and our community better
- Career advancement, we’ll support you on your path towards success
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer
- jQuery, Bootstrap, or similar web frameworks
- .NET, Node.js, PHP, Ruby, or similar languages
- Familiarity with agile processes and team interactions
- Experience with MVC Frameworks and concepts
- Experience with virtualized development environments
- Solid understanding of REST API concepts
- Experience with Git or SVN
- Pride in your ability to write clean, strong code
- A willingness to be creative, try new things, and take informed risks
- Consistently awesome work, delivered to deadline
- Friendly, positive attitude
How to apply:
Apply today to learn more, visit www.coretec.io. We like to start off with getting to know you over coffee or a pint, let us know what you prefer.