Enterprise Services, Working better together.
Our teams are dedicated to providing the services and technology our business partners need to help customers achieve lifetime financial security. Through innovation and collaboration, we're striving to continually find new and better ways to bring value to Sun Life. Enterprise Services has employees in Canada, Ireland, the U.S. and Asia. We partner closely with groups and individuals throughout Sun Life Financial to provide products and services that deliver business value. To learn more about Digital Innovation career opportunities at Sun Life, visit www.sunlife.ca/digitaljobs
As a leader on the eBusiness Digital Development team, you will manage a team of 10-20 highly skilled and collaborative individuals across multiple geographies and help drive forward Development practices. This position will report to the Director, Development in the Digital Solutions team.
- Manage team resources of various skill sets (may include Java, .Net, UI, Mobile, CMS) based on supply versus demand forecasting and best-fit resource assignments
- Coach and mentor staff to develop a high performing, highly motivated and engaged team of professionals
- Effectively hire and retain talent while leading and growing the Digital Development team
- Promote a learning environment to develop team member skills that align with industry developments and organization goals
- Set performance plans and objectives that recognize talent and provides honest, direct feedback in a timely manner
- Build team agility by assessing and anticipating knowledge/skill gaps and driving knowledge transfer and/or skill development
- Work effectively with 3rd party vendors and outsourcers (talent supply management - offshore/onshore)
Your technical acumen will allow you to:
- Establish design and development practices, and evolve these practices to ensure compliance with audits and guidelines
- Lead development of practices within the Digital Web portfolio
- Manage processes to define, implement, and oversee architecture engagement and governance to ensure consistent, high quality project delivery, portfolio stewardship, strategic alignment and innovation
- Within this role you are a recognized and practiced leader with the experience to drive our Digital Web design and development business forward
- Experienced in Talent Management – recruitment and selection, performance management, performance development and coaching, reward and recognition
- Strong leadership skills - comfortable managing large cross functional technical teams, resources and project issues in multiple locations
- A self-starter - able to contribute while influencing the technical direction
- Conflict and issue resolution and escalation experience
- Excellent communication (oral and written), facilitation, and presentation skills.
- A Post-secondary degree or diploma in Information Technology, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience
- Greater than 5 years of experience providing direct and/or indirect leadership
- Software design knowledge and practice within the Digital Web domain. Application, data, security and infrastructure experience is desirable
- Integrating complex and unique program/projects with numerous technologies and platforms
- Have worked with technologies/platforms such as: CMS, UI, J2EE, .NET, mainframe platform, packaged applications, multi-platforms applications and SOA is desirable
- Experience with Agile and DevOps is highly desirable
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues.
We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to ‘email@example.com’.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.