Senior Web Application Developer
We are a high growth start-up that pride ourselves on stellar design and superb code quality. We have a deep understanding of our users’ psychology and enjoy solving complex problems. We love to learn, teach, and debate all ideas. Our leadership team has worked across seven startups which has allowed us to form well thought out opinions on work culture, time management and coding practices. We work our own hours, play by our own rules and choose our own roads to follow.
So what do we do? Roadmunk is a web-based data visualization tool that enables product innovators, executives and their teams to create, design and share their strategic roadmaps throughout the organization. Our customers include Nike, Lego, Coca-Cola, Reddit, Slack, and Walt Disney.
We are looking for senior web application developers who possesses exceptional coding skills, have the desire to join a small passionate team and to have direct impact on our end users everyday. This position involves working in a collaborative environment, mentoring less experienced team members, brainstorming ideas, solving technical issues, writing code, all while holding your own in a discussion on where to eat team lunch.
We're on the NodeJS stack, with MongoDB, and KnockoutJS on the front-end driving the UI. We've gone to great lengths to create a clean and extensible architecture for the project. We even have our own fork of KnockoutJS with performance improvements.
We also support a cross-OS development environment via Docker so choose whether you want to run OSX, Linux, or even Windows as your development environment.
- 7-10+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented design
- A good sense for system architecture and code organization
- Understand what clean code looks like and why
- Experience using HTTP and REST based API’s
- OOP patterns and asynchronous callback patterns (ie. Promises)
- Familiarity with AWS and Linux administration (specifically Ubuntu)
- Experience writing modern SPAs
- Knowledge of KnockoutJS and LESS (or SASS)
- Knowledge of NodeJS, MongoDB, Docker
- Experience with Git and Github
- Familiar with REST, AJAX, JSON
- Experience with some type of unit testing framework (eg: we use Mocha with Sinon and Chai)
- Development & deployment of assigned work which adheres to our shop coding practices
- Work with product and design teams to understand core problems and providing feedback
- Write unit and integration tests for developed features
- Development and maintenance of technical documentation
- May lead specific projects or features within engineering team
- Mentor junior team members, possibly manage them
- Review and comment on code from other team members
- Occasionally lead a discussion on a topic during lunch-n-learns
- Report to VP of Engineering
- Comply with all information security tasks and measures at Roadmunk
MOST IMPORTANT: coming in everyday with a positive attitude and being friendly and fun to work with.
- Full health benefits package from day one
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Free snacks and drinks
- Team lunches and monthly events
- Health & wellness allowance
- Flexibility on remote working (especially when it gets cold)
- Diverse projects, cutting-edge tools and freedom to experiment