Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for reliability and performance. We enable professional users to collect high quality aerial images and data in demanding applications.
The team at Aeryon Labs is passionate about building solutions that help people do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently – and equally passionate about the people who enable us to be successful. We offer careers that allow you to collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry, exceed your expectations and be at the forefront of a fast-moving, growing industry.
We are looking for a highly experienced manufacturing and supply chain Supplier Quality Engineer to lead product quality and process quality improvements.
About the Position
Acting with autonomy, you will have the freedom to create and develop the quality system. This role requires an exceptional problem solver who can manage the full cycle of quality across multiple disciplines including; Supplier Quality, Manufacturing Process Quality, Field Returns (RMA), Incoming Inspection and Outgoing QA.
As a member of the Operations team, the Supplier Quality Engineer will:
- Ensure product and process quality across Production, NPI and Field Returns
- Be the main point of contact for all product quality related issues
- Manage and resolve incoming or in-process rejections
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure process quality is maintained and to address issues impacting, shipped quality level, process yields, scrap rates, or process gaps
- Collaborate with Engineers and Operators to collect data required to establish root cause and make product or process decisions
- Create control plans and train/coach operators on requirements for incoming materials, outgoing product, and assembly/test process
- Conduct supplier visits to support quality improvement and to assist in the qualification of new suppliers as the supply chain grows
- Drive a sense of urgency within others to quickly react to and solve issues that affect product quality
- Lead CAPA (Corrective And Preventative Action) of top customer issues and prioritize the issues through collaboration with the Technical Customer Support team and Field Return findings
- Recommend appropriate action to leadership and drive issue resolution (as required)
- Be responsible for supplier quality for PCBA’s, electro-mechanicals and components
- Quantify risks and impact to ensure leadership can support priorities appropriately
- Own KPI’s for quality and drive actions to close gaps
You are a ‘Do-er” who is supportive, resilient and thrives on being challenged. You are customer-focused in all aspects. You enjoy being the ‘Voice of the Customer’ to the leadership team.
What You Bring
- Engineering Diploma or equivalent
- 7+ years’ experience in the electronics manufacturing industry preferred
- Experience in RCCA facilitation & analysis skills
- PCBA design, manufacturing process expertise in mechanical assembly and inspection
- Experience managing suppliers through corrective actions & supply chain development
- Experience in a Lean, continuous improvement environment
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require accommodation in completing the application process, or with any portion of the application process or interview please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (519) 489-6726