We are seeking project managers with a strong hardware and software engineering background to manage the development of complex, safety certifiable hardware and software products. Your experience in hardware and software development will be key to the successful execution of these projects. CoreAVI is highly successful safety critical solution provider and has led the definition of enabling standards such as the OpenGL SC 2.0 and OpenCL specifications. We are a key participant within the Khronos Group defining new safety critical graphics and compute standards, as well as members of the VITA hardware standards group. We pride ourselves on having a world class team which develops the safety certifiable products powering today’s and tomorrow’s most advanced avionics and embedded systems across the world. Our core values are family, quality, and team collaboration. Candidates must be self-driven, highly creative, and very resourceful.
To Learn more about CoreAVI or the aircraft our solutions fly in, please visit www.coreavi.com.
Why work for CoreAVI?
CoreAVI is an employee first, family first company which fosters a cohesive work environment, encouraging teamwork and sharing organizational successes. If you are looking to join an organization which truly understands the meaning of Work-Life Balance by offering flexible hours, a talented and supportive team, an autonomous work environment, and niche software products relied upon worldwide, CoreAVI is the organization for you.
Some of the reasons our team enjoys working at CoreAVI are:
• Technically challenging and rewarding work. Working on the leading edge of new CPU and GPU technology, our team is always doing something new and innovative. The reward of seeing the work you contributed to driving the displays of the aircraft you are flying on is something you will never forget!
• Teamwork. Everyone says it, but we really have it. Our team will not watch one-person struggle with an issue, they really do support them. Everyone is here to help because we know that meeting customer needs is critical to our success and working together is the only way to get there.
• Small Company Culture. As we have grown from a small company to the medium one that we are today, we have maintained the values we have always had. We have a great sense of camaraderie and a ‘get it done’ attitude which is not hindered by layers of company bureaucracy.
• A company that is growing. We know that when a company sticks to what they have always done, not only will they not grow, they’ll fall backwards. That’s why we’re not frightened to lead our industry with innovative new products that customers need now and we react quickly to do it. To keep up with that growing demand, we are growing fast and we need more talent to help us.
As CoreAVI continues to grow and expand into new markets, we need creative, self-driven individuals to join our team and share in the success, but more importantly, enjoy the journey there. So, if you like the sound of what our team enjoys today, and you want to be part of our tomorrow, here’s what we are looking for.
- Lead software development projects, ensuring on-time completion, within scope and budget
- Prepare planning documentation capturing project objectives, requirements, and deliverables
- Develop and actively manage project schedules
- Communicating with project stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Proactively identify and address project risks and issues
- Remove impediments to help team achieve goals
- Working as a team to produce reliable, high quality, safety critical solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field
- 7+ years of experience in software development project management
- Outstanding verbal and written communication is crucial
- Experience managing board level hardware design
- Experience in a Mil/Aero Environment
- Experience managing sub-contractors
- MS Project experience
- Strong organization and technical skills
- Excellent analytical / problem solving skills
- Ingrained sense of accountability and ownership
- Continuous drive for learning, pushing technical limits, and finding new solutions
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or ScrumMaster Certification an asset
- Experience Managing DO-254 and DO-178 projects an asset