Type of Position: Full Time – Permanent
Location: Cambridge, ON
Education Requirement: Trade Certificate, College Diploma or equivalent experience
Experience Requirement: 5+ years of technical experience using Mastercam and/or other CAM software
The successful applicant will join our technical team in a key role providing onsite and remote technical services to our CNC manufacturing clients, specifically those using Mastercam.
Ideally, your proven technical, analytical, and communication skills enable you to solve problems in an effective and timely manner. As a highly target-driven individual, you will be comfortable functioning in a team atmosphere and managing tight deadlines. You will be career-oriented and be able to communicate with non-technical customers. We are looking for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Spearhead new product and service offerings and assist with training our team
- Independently assess customer needs and provide detailed scopes for quoting purposes
- Provide contract-based custom programming services to customers
- Communicate with sales to identify customer training or software update needs
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and resolve technical issues via phone or email to our valued CNC customers, specifically those using Mastercam
- Provide mentoring and training to users in order to implement identified strategies
- Identify strategies, workarounds and advanced capabilities to address user needs
- Provide application, programming, computer, and networking support
- Occasionally provide support at customer locations including software installation, implementation, training and troubleshooting
- Maintain documentation of customer visits and interactions, including the completion of tasks and associated responsibilities
- Maintain current knowledge on all software versions and applications
- Attend regular meetings with the Technical Solutions Department to review new accounts and brainstorm strategies
- Perform other duties as required
Education & Skills
- Post-secondary education in mechanical technology, machinist/toolmaker/moldmaker ticket, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with computer aided design and/or manufacturing software for CNC machining
- Experience using Mastercam
- Experience with Solidworks would be an asset
- General computer and networking knowledge required
- Experience with machine tool communications would be an asset.
- Must possess a valid G license and have access to own vehicle, availability to travel as required.
In-House Solutions Inc. is committed to ensuring a culture of inclusion and diversity and will consider all applicants regardless of age, marital status, race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, or disability. For those requiring accommodations during any stage of the application process, please contact 1-519-658-1471.