Software Developer - NetSuite
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our growing Human Capital Management (HCM) Payroll team in Kitchener/Waterloo. We are building engaging software that delivers positive experiences to every employee in the company, and delivers vital HR data and intelligence to the business.
This is a critical role that will be responsible for conceiving, planning, and building new features. We’re looking for someone who loves to work in a team, wants to create innovative and industry leading software while maintaining existing functionalities, and is always looking for opportunities to improve our software both from an architectural perspective as well as from a customer experience perspective.
This is a 1-year temporary position to fill in while someone is on leave.
- Mentoring for less experienced developers
- Working with local and remote teams to accomplish their goals.
- Working side-by-side with cross-functional teams in their agile environment
- Identifying opportunities to improve and enhance our customers experience with our software
- Following QA and Deployment processes and best practices
- Practicing agile development
- B.S. in computer engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years software development experience
- 3+ years experience with Java or C# (will be working in Java)
- Proficiency in SQL and extensive experience with database driven applications
- Intimate and working understanding of modern web applications from database to browser
- Excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
- Skills to debug and understand large Java and SQL code base
- Desire to delight the customer by taking initiative, responsibility, and ownership of projects
- Fundamental awareness of usability
- Keeping up with best practices and is a continual learner
- Proficient at ramping up quickly to understand multiple project spaces
- Strong focus on quality engineering
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 180009JV