We are looking for a strong communicator with strategic vision to help craft the future of product marketing at Smile. We are continually evolving our product and need you to get our merchants excited, while also showing our internal team how to sell it.
As a product marketer you will craft the narrative around new feature releases, build customer communication, and be responsible for marketing efforts throughout the customer lifecycle.
If you are looking for a challenge, and want to help shape what product marketing is at Smile, this is the opportunity for you.
- Creating feature adoption in existing clients to ensure that they buy in and stick with Smile
- Provide the internal team with materials so they are ready and able to be the best advocates of our product
- Anticipate merchant questions and reactions with the end goal to reduce churn and negative reviews, and increase feature uptake
- Build unique positioning for the product in the market
- Create a unified marketing experience across merchant touchpoints so we have a consistent image and voice of our product
- Increase no-touch signups and reduce churn from our non-enterprise accounts
- Build strong narratives around new features and releases
- Arm our client facing teams with the language and know-how to sell and support each new release
- Build launch materials such as release posts, client emails, social strategy, and website changes
- Create technical documents to explain how to use new releases
- Monitor customer interactions across product touch-points
- Create campaigns for a variety of goals like encouraging upgrades or reducing churn
- Coordinate with product, engineering, and design for timely releases
- Passion for discovering how and why products succeed
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strategic thinker - you know how to set challenging goals & plan tactics to hit them
- Strong eye for detail (which you should mention in your cover letter)
- You have worked with designers and/or engineers to deliver on specs you wrote
- Demonstrated copy writing skills (link or attach your work)
- Team player/adaptability
Nice to haves:
- Experience with HubSpot
- Experience with Invision or Zeplin
- Experience marketing SaaS products
- Experience with Sketch or Photoshop
Life at Smile.io:
We only hire smart, self-starters who can think of efficient and unique solutions to problems, while also seeing them through to completing. You’ll be working with the best people in the industry and you'll constantly be pushed to improve your skills.
We’ve grown over 100% year-over-year for the past 3 years. If you perform well, then your potential to take charge of a significant portion of our business is very high.
We never miss an opportunity to have fun - and there’s always a fun & interesting social event on the horizon. We also have local craft beer on tap!
Compensation, Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive pay & health benefits, while also providing you with top-of-the-line computer to make sure you’re doing the best work you’re capable of. We also have a monthly eCommerce credit as well as a transportation credit.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.