Senior Hardware Electronics Designer
Fidus Systems is a front runner in hardware, embedded system, and software design. We provide a technical advantage to our global clients ranging from tech giants to start-ups.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about designing and working with new technologies, is driven to win, and is excited to apply their creative skills. We are a growing company that can have a great deal of impact with lots of exciting challenges.
- Work collaboratively with the software and FPGA programmers to analyze requirements and develop the system and board level architectural design
- Perform parts library creation and schematic capture, including embedded layout constraints, using OrCAD Capture CIS
- Conduct design simulations using LTSpice and prove circuits using prototype bench tests
- Work with the Signal Integrity team to ensure a detailed analysis of critical nets
- Participate in design reviews (Signal Integrity, PCB Layout, FPGA coding, Software) to ensure Fidus quality standards are met
- Develop comprehensive test plans and test procedures
- Lab bring-up and in-depth verification of hardware prototypes
- Actively collaborate with the team to address hardware & software integration issues
- Work with other engineers to design and implement unit and integration tests
- Lead regulatory certification testing
- Generate technical and user documentation
- Provide pre-project technical support to the business and sales teams on project scope, schedule, effort estimates, and deliverables, and post-project technical support to customers
- Strong fundamental knowledge of high-speed circuit and multi-layer PCB design
- In depth understanding of all aspects of the hardware product development cycle including requirements, architecture, schematic capture, PCB layout, signal integrity, verification, and manufacturing
- Background in FPGA designs, including 28Gbps diff pairs, power/thermal design
- Experience with high-speed devices and protocols including DDR4, PCIe Gen4, MIPI, Gigabit Ethernet, USB-C, HDMI, SerDes and JESD204B.
- Experience with development tools such as Cadence CIS/Orcad
- Experience using optical test sets, signal analyzers, and GHz+ oscilloscopes for analysis of eye diagrams, phase noise, and overall signal quality
- Hands-on debugging experience involving scopes, VNAs, signal generators, electronic loads
- Familiarity with ESD, EMI, and RF design considerations
- Ability to use Verilog, RTL, or HLS an asset
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent. Masters preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of direct electronics design experience
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position must be filled immediately so do not wait to apply!
Send Your Resume to email@example.com
Remember to include in the subject line the position and preferred location
Thank you for your interest in Fidus! We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.