Technical Systems Analyst- Waterloo
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
We are proud to be ranked in the top 30 on the 29th annual PROFIT 500, the definitive ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
How we work:
We are a dynamic team who are passionate about the work we do. We are inspired because our work makes a difference and there is a shared sense of purpose in our culture.
Our development team works in an agile environment and we operate on a fast-paced model of continuous improvement. We work in cross functional teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product goals, pushing the boundaries in everything we do, to bring world class digital forensics tools to law enforcement, government agencies and corporations.
What we are looking for:
Magnet is looking for a Technical Systems Analyst who will be a key contributor on the Engineering team. The exponential growth of data seen across the spectrum of daily life is making the work of people entrusted with our safety extremely difficult. The successful candidate will research and use of a broad range of technical skills, tools and knowledge to analyze data storage formats, generate test data and document findings. If you are interested in the underlying functionality of applications, operating systems, mobile devices and social media platforms, we want to hear from you!
- Generating, documenting and extracting real world device and application data appropriate for forensic recovery, preparing it for development and testing
- Troubleshooting and reproducing bugs reported by the Technical Support team
- Researching new technologies and technology trends leading to product development
- Organizing, maintaining, and cataloging a large inventory of test data, devices such as PC’s, tablets, smart phones, and many Internet of Things devices
- Address and evaluate technical requests and questions from internal stakeholders and adding supporting information at all phases of the development cycle
- Creating and managing a list of test accounts for a variety of social media
- Functional testing involving new features in our products, regression and verification tests
- Working with the engineering team to assist in the development of forensically sound acquisition tools for mobile, computer and Internet of Things devices
- Develop and implement a device/hardware inventory strategy to investigate new technologies, generate new test data and validate bugs for support
- Collaborating with an outstanding team of colleagues across multiple teamss including Product Owners and Forensic Examiners
- Supporting technical support, product owners and software engineers with technical investigations and analysis to help determine the best course of action on tickets
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of experience working in IT with roles such as Technical Support, Help Desk, and System Administration OR 2+ years in a hardware and software testing/QA role
- Strong understanding with usage and configuration of Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android based operating systems
- Proven ability to document and conduct thorough research that can be delivered concisely to team members and product stakeholders
- Strong self-starter attitude, highly self-organized in time management and documentation
- Excellent problem-solving skills when working with new and ambiguous issues, tasks and projects
- Well versed in the latest gadgets, hardware, devices and knowledgeable in a variety of PC/Mobile applications categories that include: Social Media, Communication, Cloud Services, Media, and Utilities
- Strong sense of teamwork, personal integrity, responsibility and accountability
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.