Manufacturing Engineering - Software Developer
As the Manufacturing Engineering – Software Developer, you will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-project environment. Reporting to the Manager of Manufacturing Engineering you will work as part of a small development team to assume responsibility and ownership for the development and implementation of custom production applications, automatic test software programs, process development, database access and continuous improvement of manufacturing methods that ensure product functionality, traceability, and delivery.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Manufacturing software design, implementation, and verification testing;
- Create and execute manufacturing design specification documents and test plans;
- Provide technical assistance both high-level and demonstration level to support representatives and application users;
- Demonstrate leadership in manufacturing by providing outstanding support both internally and externally to resolve issues and provide effective, novel, and timely solutions for manufacturing issues. Provide support in a prompt, hands-on, and professional manner;
- Contribute to and support continuous improvement that enhances product sustainability and profitability. Continuous improvements include, but are not limited to, actions that will affect process yield, process duration, product quality, and direct Bill of Materials costs;
- Contribute in DFx reviews including, but not limited to, design for cost, design for test, design for manufacturability, and design for assembly, at key points through the product development to ensure commercial viability of product.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent);
- Minimum 4 years of related professional experience;
- Programming experience in Labview, and/or TestStand;
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Good personal organization as well as written and oral communication skills;
- Programming experience in Assembly Language;
- System design and development including, device driver and communication protocols;
- Operating system development experience;
- Proficient in C/C++ and/or Java programming languages;
- Experience in an ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 manufacturing environment;
- Hands-on manufacturing approach;
- Ability to read, interpret and create product specifications, schematics, and mechanical drawings;
- Knowledge of medical device and software development standards and procedures.
- Exciting and challenging work based on cool technology
- Stable company that genuinely respects the life-work balance
- Generous employer-paid benefits package
- Casual work environment
- Company-wide bonus program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Employee social and engagement events throughout the year
- Holiday shut-down
- Free onsite parking
- Growing global company with offices in Waterloo, Vermont, Germany, and Hong Kong
- Close to GRT and ION stops
- Located just off the Conestoga Expressway, close to Conestoga Mall, the St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market, and other retail amenities
How to Apply:
It all starts with your online application. Please upload your resume and cover letter (optional) as a Word or PDF file.
Every day, new applications for NDI technology in medicine and research reach new places in the world. Currently, we have over 45,000 measurement systems installed worldwide, helping people in more than 35 countries. The key to our success is our people! With employees in four offices across the globe, our teams work collaboratively to innovate and continue our tradition of providing industry leading products for our customers and partners. Check us out at https://www.ndigital.com/
Accessibility at NDI:
We’re committed to minimizing barriers to persons with disabilities and will endeavour to align our policies, practices, procedures and services with core principles of independence and dignity, integration and equal opportunity. Any individual who requires assistance may contact us toll free via telephone (877-634-6340) and/or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.