Senior Developer - Corporate Services IT
Reports to: Manager, Corporate Services IT
Tell us your story and explain why you are a winning candidate. We are looking for someone that is inspired and brings new ideas forward while rolling up their sleeves to help in every aspect of project delivery. If you’re looking for an opportunity to bring in your development skills come join our team. Corporate Services IT covers a broad range of high-quality internal and external applications across the organization.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have a passion to design and develop, and a commitment to and the belief in the quality of your deliverables.
- You are a team oriented bridge builder who improves the strength of team through coaching and mentoring.
- You inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- You learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and deliver high performance, highly available and sustainable corporate applications.
- Contribute to the overall and detailed design and development of multi-tier applications interfacing with distributed internal and external systems.
- Take part in scope assessment, risk and cost analysis.
- Work with business and IT partners to understand requirements, business and technical architecture, schedule, and design and develop the overall solution.
- Proactively put forward ideas that speak to project objectives (e.g. development, testing solutions, and tools).
- Provide guidance to other junior development staff on various development assignments.
- Conduct / participate in code reviews, identify technical problems, provide feedback and corrections related to documentation, evaluate code compliance to enterprise and project standards.
- Ensure applications are free of common coding vulnerabilities (and follow standard security practices).
- Complete unit and integration testing per standards and design specs.
- Prepare standard application technical, operational / procedural documentation for development team, users and technical support staff.
- Document all application and system changes for ease of future support.
- Provide production support which includes on-call responsibilities. Complete root cause analysis and recommend solutions to rectify issues.
What you’ll need:
- Post-Secondary Education in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience and proficiency in designing and developing business applications.
- Experience with application integration design and development.
- Minimum 5 years of the following: Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Data Model Analysis & Design, UML, Microsoft .NET Framework leveraging VB.NET and/or C#, Microsoft COM using VB6 and VBA.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, XMP and related technologies, i.e. XSD, SOAP, WCF, and WSDL.
- Strong knowledge of file security, SQL security, and windows authentication.
- Working knowledge to implement and manage Team Foundation Server 2017.
- Experience in developing/supporting PeopleSoft FMS v9.2 application, PeopleSoft Finance Modules, and PeopleTools v8.4 or higher would be an asset.
- Preferred advanced knowledge of insurance and/or financial and investment applications.
- Ability to manage and balance multiple concurrent assignments and deadlines.
- Ability to work in agile environment and interest in continuous process improvement.
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.