Product Support Specialist
The Product Support Specialist is often the first place NDI’s medical customers call upon to resolve their technical challenges. In this role, you will be working with both big and small medical device manufacturers who are global leaders in medical innovation. Appropriately, we require an individual with great technical prowess and troubleshooting skills to aide our medical customers as they incorporate NDI’s 3D measurement technology into their particular applications. In this position, you will also work closely with our account management team representing NDI at trade shows and being the go-to person for product demonstrations. This is a truly exciting role where there is no such thing as a ‘regular day.’
Reporting to the Director, Imaging and Vascular, the Product Support Specialist will assist new and existing medical customers with the incorporation of NDI’s 6D measurement systems into their particular applications, will aid in the development of product demonstrations, attend trade shows and work closely with the medical account management team to provide ongoing support to our OEM customer base.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues both remotely and in the field with the support of the account management and engineering teams, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Educate new customers on technical product information and provide hands-on support to assist these customers during the introduction phase to NDI’s products.
- Provide background training on NDI products and technology to new and existing customer facing staff as required.
- Assist with the design, development and performance of product demonstrations at customer meetings and trade shows.
- Maintain thorough problem status and resolution records; e.g. draft trip reports, entries into Customer Relationship Management database, and logging of customer support activity.
- Provide support to NDI technical repair staff to assist in the resolution of product related issues.
- Develop relationships with development staff at OEM customers to nurture collaboration opportunities and raise the awareness and recognition of NDI technology.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Degree in science, engineering, mathematics or related field
- Strong mathematical background, problem solving skills and technical aptitude
- Experience in technical support or service role preferred
- Strong computer skills required (Windows, Linux)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Programming experience in C, C++, Java and/or Python languages
- Experience with virtual and augmented reality development environments
- Biomedical engineering or Image Guided Surgery exposure
- Exciting and challenging work based on cool technology
- Stable company that genuinely respects the life-work balance
- Generous employer-paid benefits package
- Casual work environment
- Company-wide bonus program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Employee social and engagement events throughout the year
- Holiday shut-down
- Free onsite parking
- Growing global company with offices in Waterloo, Vermont, Germany, and Hong Kong
- Close to GRT and ION stops
- Located just off the Conestoga Expressway, close to Conestoga Mall, the St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market, and other retail amenities
How to Apply:
It all starts with your online application. Please upload your resume and cover letter (optional) as a Word or PDF file.
Every day, new applications for NDI technology in medicine and research reach new places in the world. Currently, we have over 45,000 measurement systems installed worldwide, helping people in more than 35 countries.The key to our success is our people! With employees in four offices across the globe, our teams work collaboratively to innovate and continue our tradition of providing industry leading products for our customers and partners. Check us out at https://www.ndigital.com/
Accessibility at NDI:
We’re committed to minimizing barriers to persons with disabilities and will endeavour to align our policies, practices, procedures and services with core principles of independence and dignity, integration and equal opportunity. Any individual who requires assistance may contact us toll free via telephone (877-634-6340) and/or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.