DevOps Pipeline Expert
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Do you want to be part of the team that redefines how we get work done?
We are changing the way we build our environments to fasten our software deliveries.
We are seeking self-motivated environment management specialist, who are obsessed with delivering value, are forward-thinking, and excited to see the successful implementation of the products they deliver.
As a DevOps Pipeline Expert, you will:
- Help to design and deliver new environments for different teams.
- Collaborate with product managers, lead engineers, software engineers and operations engineers to uncover pain points and opportunities to deliver new business value through improved practices like automation
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives
- Design and deliver cloud-native services and data structures that enable an exceptional user experience
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
- Experimenting with emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure, remaining open to change and continuous improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent IT experience
- 5+ years of software development related experience
- Experience with Python applications/services
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Docker Container
- Experience with configuration management
- Experience in the design/development of Cloud Native applications and/or in the integration of existing solutions to Cloud based platforms
- Experience working with an Agile methodology (Scrum) and iterative development
- Solid experience with Git and code branching/merging strategies
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Some assignments may require work outside normal business hours (including weekends), flexibility to accommodate is needed
Knowledge/ Skills/ Competencies:
- DevOps operating model
- Cloud Platforms (Microsoft Azure or similar)
- Ansible/Chef/Puppet/CFEngine/Saltstack or similar tool
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of June 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$780 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.