Senior Software Developer
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our growing Human Capital Management (HCM) teams in Waterloo. We are building engaging, beautiful software that delivers positive experiences to every employee in the company, and delivers vital HR data and intelligence to the business.
This is a critical role that will be responsible for conceiving, planning, and building new features. We’re looking for someone who loves to work in a team, wants to create innovative and industry leading software, and is always looking for opportunities to improve our software both from an architectural perspective as well as from a customer experience perspective.
We are looking for technically capable, detail oriented people who strive to help teams build and ship very high quality features.
Developing great software in a collaborative environment
Working side-by-side with cross-functional teammates in an agile environment
Identifying opportunities to improve and enhance our customers experience with our software
Following QA and Deployment processes and best practices
Practicing agile development
- B.S. in computer engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years software development experience
- 3+ years experience with Java, C# or C++
- Proficiency in SQL and extensive experience with database driven applications
- Intimate and working understanding of modern web applications from database to browser
- Excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
- Skills to debug and understand large Java and SQL code base
- Desire to delight the customer by taking initiative, responsibility, and ownership of projects
- Fundamental awareness of usability
- Great ability and willingness to learn
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic