Software Developer in Test
Product Development: Software Developer in Test
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
One word — transformation.
At Oracle NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay and so do our 20,000+ customers. We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centres and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive the business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, today NetSuite has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on-premise systems.
Transform your career at Oracle NetSuite
At Oracle NetSuite we work hard and we work smart. We hire fierce competitors. We hire individuals that are fearless trailblazers. NetSuite employees take the hill, we prefer action over inaction, we are tireless in our mission and we pause only to celebrate our success. And we DO celebrate, because if you don’t have fun along the way, then what’s the point?
Oracle NetSuite Test Engineering is looking for an exceptional Software Developer in Test at different levels. To be successful in this role, you will need to have experience coding automated tests in Java and a solid understanding of SQL. An ideal candidate is someone who can focus on details but who also sees the larger picture; someone who sees complexity and can simplify it and organize it; someone who is willing to learn and teach new technologies and desires to stay on the leading edge of software development processes; and someone who strives to influence efficiency on behalf of their team and department. We desire to have Software Test Engineers that have a wide range of abilities and skills.
· Team with Product Management and Developers to brainstorm new features
· Design test case outlines for use in coding automated tests using Java/Junit
· Create and Run performance and scalability tests
· Analyze potential customer workflows and scenarios to prevent issues in the wild
· Create and monitor SDLC metrics on behalf of the Scrum team
· Participate in Global Working Groups to research and deploy leading edge test and development tools
· Perform peer code reviews to optimize test code execution
· Investigate and reproduce problems reported by customers
· B.S.in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
· Practical experience with Agile Scrum/Kanban team development.
· Experience using Jira to as an Agile tool
· Has worked with automated tools and testing frameworks to optimize test case execution
· Familiar with code coverage and continuous integration.
· Object oriented programming experience required, preferably Java.
· Experience writing SQL queries.
· Experience testing/developing Internet applications is an advantage.
· Familiarity with three-tiered applications.
· Excellent interpersonal skills working in a team environment.
· Self–motivated, capable of working independently when needed.
Oracle NetSuite is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as NetSuite does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.