Business Process Analyst II
The Business Process Analyst will report to the Manager, ICT Process Management. The incumbent will be responsible to work with ICT Solutions clients to help them understand and document their current business processes and look for ways to improve those processes using best practices and technology. The outcome of each engagement will be a clear set of requirements to help ICT Solutions create forward looking IT solutions that will meet the needs of students, faculty and staff.
- Understands and documents business processes and workflows in the “as is” state and then works with client teams to define the improved “to be” state
- Partners with business clients to fully surface their requirements; conducts interviews with key project stakeholders and documents and presents the results
- Organizes workshops, surveys, site visits, use cases, etc. to elicit requirements
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs
- Assists business clients, project managers and IT leadership in optimizing the scope, benefits and risks of proposed projects; helps manage expectations of clients and management
- Defines use cases to articulate new functional software needs and the roles of each class of application user
- Recommends appropriate training to business clients
- Supports traceability from requirements through to QA; assists in the definition of test plans and testing strategies, and in the creation of test cases
- Assists in the definition of roll out, training and user support plans particularly in the area of management of change
- Creates and/or reviews manuals, procedures, and related user documentation; ensures documentation is targeted to the appropriate audience
- Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Drives and challenges business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Serves as the conduit between the client community and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with external and internal clients to analyze information needs and functional requirements, and to evaluate alternative business solutions
- Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Liaise between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands technical requirements within ICT as well as the specifications
- Informs management through written and oral presentations of new initiatives or changing technologies which have an impact on clients
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard ITS policies and procedures
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Follows requirements gathering, project management and change management best practices
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Information Technology or Business Administration discipline.
- Minimum three years of experience in a business analyst role.
- Professional certification in Business Analysis (IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP), Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) or comparable) holder or in progress
- Understanding of software design and development.
- Working knowledge of IT standards
- Proven knowledge of business analysis, quality assurance, and workflow tools and/or practices
- Experience with any or all of the following highly desirable: Banner, One Card, Desire2Learn, CRM, financial reporting, portal, accounting systems.
- Experience with financial or professional services industries preferred
- Proven experience in writing detailed business plans and business cases with detailed scopes of work and cost/benefit analysis (ROI)
- Current with business best practice methods, IT technology trends and can correlate potential impacts that technology may have on the business
- Proficient in, or can quickly grasp applicable business processes and functions
- Experience with business process reengineering
Please apply at www.wlu.ca/careers