You are a passionate creative with an enthusiasm for all things design. The digital space is your canvas and you have a curious mind to try new things and explore the latest technologies. Collaboration, creativity and out of the box thinking are what you will bring to this distinctive role with high-quality design always top of mind.
The Creative Studio team collaborates with members of our Individual Marketing team and beyond, to create award winning marketing materials. The Web Designer will provide design and development expertise and consultation on digital design projects from beginning to end. Tactics include but are not limited to email campaign templates and mock ups, unique landing pages, static and HTML5 web banners, interactive PDF’s and social media images.
- Research and develop digital design solutions that have the end client top of mind
- Provide design consulting advice and develop design concepts on how to best execute on the vision of key digital initiatives for the client
- Manage design projects from end-to-end including consulting, designing, working with digital team and vendors, archiving files and managing digital site change and content update requests
- Provide consultation, design and development to wire frames, graphic user interface layouts, email campaign templates and unique campaign web landing pages
- Excellent problem solving skills required. Must be resourceful and able to always find alternate solution
- Continuously identify opportunities to create additional value, be proactive with ideas and creative solutions and share with the rest of the design team
- Support the Graphic Designers with print related design projects when needed
- An understanding of usability, accessibility, cross-browser compatibilities and semantic markup
- Sound knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects) on Mac OSX
- Responsive web design, mobile web development and digital application development experience
- Email campaign template design experience
- W3C and AODA standards compliance
- Willingness to learn and master new programs and technologies as they apply to the position
- Post-secondary education, including completion of a graphic or web design program at a recognized college; or an undergraduate degree in a related discipline.
- 3 or more years of experience in digital graphic design
- Creative agency experience
- Bilingual (French & English)
- JQuery Experience
- Agile Experience
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues.
We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to ‘email@example.com’.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.