Lead, Customer Care
You are honoured to be the champion of the customer and are driven by the need to inspire a customer-centric culture. This drives you to seek insights about the customer experience at each step in their journey. You are always looking for innovative ways to understand the customer more deeply and holistically, but in a seamless and supportive way.
- Within 30 days,
- Understand how the company’s current product is supported and what is required to maintain that support
- Understand the company’s products in development, the targeted customers, and the company’s brand vision
- Understand the end to end customer journey and how the Care team can enhance that experience at all points
- Establish a solid understand of the current Care process and tools, and the planned improvements to both
- Craft a high level Care strategy for products in development that is innovative, lean, and is consistent with our brand. This will include:
- Support for customers through pre-sales and in retail in conjunction with the retail team
- Engaging and supporting customers with the objective of a strong initial NPS score
- Support plans for customers in life targeting continued customer use and value
- Plans for managing an efficient and satisfying process of managing customer product issues and returns, striking the balance between retention, customer NPS, and cost
- Defining the most appropriate and innovative mediums in engaging the customers to accomplish the above. Specific attention is given to leveraging the company’s ownership of all aspects of the product experience, from software to hardware and from cloud to manufacturing
- Effective articulation of the customer voice back into the organization
- Understand Care processes for managing pre-released products and supporting pre-release customers
- Within 60 days,
- Work across the organization to validate and refine the high level Care strategy
- Build a plan to deploy the Care strategy by identifying the critical path gaps on the team and the processes and tools. This includes acquiring critical new team members and negotiating for the required supporting resources
- Identify and deploy improvements in support of the pre-release customers
- Align on the metrics to measure the company’s Care performance
- Through collaboration with key stakeholders, define Care policies that align with the company’s objectives
- Within 90 days and beyond,
- Establish targets for the Care team’s performance
- Deploy remaining Care strategy elements required and identify a process to continue to refine the Care strategy and performance in a data-driven discipline
- Tightly integrate with quality and development teams on customer feedback
- Provide support for the company’s retail activities
- Closely align with marketing on the deployment of social and community Care to ensure it is cohesive and consistent
Bonus points for:
- Experience in hardware product companies
- Multi-channel or retail experience
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.