IT Support Specialist
Small Company Atmosphere, Big Company Perks!
At Medicalis, we are passionate about improving the way healthcare is delivered through the powerful combination of world-class technology and evidence-based medical knowledge. Recently purchased by Siemens, we are a customer focused organization, always striving to find solutions to improve quality, utilization and productivity in healthcare. We offer a hard-working yet fun-loving culture fostered by vision, openness, respect, and a drive to succeed. We aren’t looking for people who just want a “job”; we want people who are dedicated to doing meaningful work that will make a difference.
Siemens is proud to be one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times, one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five times and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2016.
For more than 100 years in Canada, Siemens has been offering engaging and sustainable employment opportunities to those shaping our future. It’s our tradition to promote lifelong learning, develop talent and recognize success.
As a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum – from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
Siemens Healthineers in Canada has stood for engineering expertise with a pioneering spirit in exploring and developing business opportunities to help healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 450 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a member of the IT group the IT Support Specialist is responsible for ensuring high quality delivery of technology operational solutions to the greater user base. This includes individual user technology as well as company wide solutions.
- Under the direction of the IT Manager, manage and ensure optimal operation of the network environment including: user/group administration, file management, backups and restores, internet access, wireless, remote access, and printers/copiers/plotters.
- Implementation of special projects such as VMWare upgrades or implementation of new cloud-based solutions.
- Work with the IT Manager to proactively identify future concerns.
- Be responsible for application installation, maintenance, documentation and support.
- Provide network maintenance (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.), documentation and support including support of the mobile technologies, iPhone/iPad/Android/Blackberry.
- Record and maintain hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licensing and user access and security.
- Install, configure, upgrade and test desktop hardware and peripherals to include network cards, printers, network printers and add-in boards.
- Maintain phone system and install new user phones. Configure cell phones for new users.
- Provide computer orientation to new company staff as needed.
- Provide exceptional customer service and technical support for various technical issues.
- Document processes for internal use.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support for system availability and client support.
Experience and Attributes:
You have experience in an IT Support role. Your excellent understanding of networking, user/group administration and maintenance, plus your well-developed ability to rapidly troubleshoot and triage issues will allow you to become a key part of our IT team.
- 2+ years’ experience in a technical support role in a software organization.
- Proficient in all MS Office software, Windows Operation Systems and Office 365.
- Experience working with and supporting the following systems and technologies is preferred:
- Supporting Apple iOS and Dell hardware,
- WatchGuard Firewall or other enterprise class firewall solution,
- AWS, or Azure,
- JIRA, Confluence, JAMA.
- Team player with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrating the ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences.
- Self-starter who is a quick learner, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- College diploma or University degree in a computer-related field considered an asset.
- MCP or MCSE Certification considered an asset.
- ITIL certification considered an asset.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay, great benefits, and a global network offering real opportunity for growth and advancement.
We are committed to accessibility during the interview and employment process. If you require accommodations, please message firstname.lastname@example.org.