Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Experience: 1+ years relevant work experience
Education: Diploma or degree in an applicable field.
About P&P Optica
P&P Optica (PPO) is dedicated to improving the safety, quality, and efficiency of food production in North America through the development of its innovative Smart Imaging technologies. Our Smart Imaging products and systems incorporate PPO’s world-class expertise in spectroscopy and data analysis to push the boundaries of what is possible for real-time food product analysis. PPO is rapidly growing to meet these opportunities and we’re looking for talented, new individuals to join our team.
At PPO we believe it’s important to enjoy and take pride in what we do. We strive to ensure a fun, friendly, and respectful work environment that continually offers new and interesting challenges and opportunities.
About the Position
The chosen candidate will become a key member of the Operations team at P&P Optica. The Operations team is responsible for a wide range of activities including the production, testing, installation, and servicing of our world-class Smart Imaging products. The successful candidate for this position will assume procurement functions within the company including day-to-day purchasing, supply chain development, assisting with inventory control, and support continuous improvement of procurement processes and performance.
- Sourcing and purchasing materials. Expediting the procurement process when needed.
- Negotiating with supply partners to optimize cost and schedule while ensuring quality.
- Working with internal teams to ensure that inventory levels proactively support demand requirements for all company activities.
- Developing and and improving various supply chain processes.
- Developing and reporting key purchasing metrics.
- Supporting initiatives for cost and schedule improvements.
Additional Tasks May Include:
- Working with external suppliers to ensure performance metrics and quality standards are met.
- Helping the Operations team keep track of fixed assets
- Occasional travel may be required.
You want to work in a fast-paced, growing company was part of a dynamic and talented team that is helping its customers to be more successful through the use of its innovative products and solutions. You’re results-oriented and care about ensuring that every aspect of purchasing is done in a timely and efficient manner to high standards of performance. You have a positive attitude, care about doing things right, and are motivated by making a positive impact.
- Diploma or degree in a field related to purchasing and supply chain management.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent computer skills with solid experience using purchasing and ERP software.
- Process driven with excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Professional verbal and written communications skills.
- Procurement experience and expertise for technology products.Past experience establishing new supply chain processes and systems.
- Knowledge of logistics and exporting.
P&P Optica is committed to supporting a culture of diversity across our organization and we simply focus on hiring the best talent. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.