Accounts Receivable/Order Entry Administrator
Virtek Vision International is a Canadian high technology company based in Waterloo. Virtek is a leading provider of laser and vision based templating and inspection solutions. Virtek plays a dominant role in our markets and the major aerospace companies rely on us to create modern aircraft. We are a pioneer in the Prefabricated Construction industry, helping to revolutionize the way houses are built.
Virtek’s solutions support manufacturers world-wide in a variety of specialized industries to assist with assembly processes. Our solutions provide the ability to project a pattern of laser light onto a work surface or part with a high degree of accuracy, speed, and precision for applications such as composite ply layup, paint masking, placement of components or materials, to quality inspection and reverse engineering tasks.
This high energy position is at the nerve center for order processing and collections. It offers interaction with diverse functional areas including Sales, Operations, Finance, Marketing and Virtek’s customers.
Functions will include, but not be limited to:
- Collections & Customer Resolution Specialist - A key mandate of this role is to drive success in achieving and exceeding key cash collection metrics - collection targets and DSO, while recommending and implementing measures and tools that improve collections effectiveness.
- Generate and send invoices, credit memos and account statements on a daily basis
- Contact customers prior to invoices becoming due to ensure payments are received within approved terms, and maintain current follow up on collection activities.
- Liaise with Sales other internal staff to facilitate collection of invoices and resolution of disputes.
- Identify and escalate invoice issues to the appropriate individual for resolution and ensure items are followed up on a weekly basis.
- Attend collection status meetings with Supervisor to ensure collection practices are in adherence to documented company polices and processes.
- Month end reconciliation and reporting for AR related working papers.
- Order Entry Specialist - Supporting global customer order entry for all system orders.
- Processing system orders and making order changes.
- Customer follow-up including missing information, providing status updates etc.
- Identifying/executing on opportunities for process improvement.
- Back up functions for reception coverage.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years commercial collections experience, with some basic credit management and Accounts Receivable accounting knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, organization and time management skills, as well as, proven ability to adapt to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Computer Skills:
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft EXCEL and WORD required.
- Preference will be given to those having knowledge of SAP and SAP transactions.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as, cross functionally.
- High attention to detail, meeting deadlines, and root cause analytical skills.