Senior Project Manager -- Advanced Automotive Solutions
Our client, a well-known, global communications company has a rare opening for an exceptional Software Development Project Manager to manage multiple, high-profile development projects from their office in Waterloo.
You will serve as the primary point of contact between internal and external clients and between all members of a cross functional, international team. This role will manage projects focused on the development of software to support connected automotive electronic solutions. This role will help to coordinate the activities of internal and external software and firmware developers to support automotive connectivity, secure systems interactions, and next generation automotive network solutions.
This role requires a combination of project management, client relations and high-level communications skills.
Some of your key responsibilities will be to:
- Help translate customer and market requirements into achievable project strategy and establish project scope, resources requirement, budgets, and schedules.
- Develop a software development Project Management competency among the software and hardware development teams.
- Collaborate and communicate to ensure the coordination of activities being performed by multiple internal and external global resources.
- Identify and mitigate project risks and be accountable for the successful execution of projects
- Deliver high quality outcomes, leveraging traditional automotive project management and Agile software/technology focused project management techniques.
- Identify and implement strategies that contribute to the effectiveness of our development teams.
- Manage a portfolio of projects, adjusting resources and priorities as need, and communicating with management to identify large risk and opportunities.
- Act as the voice of the customer while leading cross functional teams to achieve our development objectives.
Your previous experience includes:
- Undergraduate degree in Software Engineering, or similar from an accredited university.
- 5 - 8 years of experience as a Software Project Manager for multiple concurrent projects, including regular interaction with Engineering and Operations
- Experience with software project management tools i.e. Jira, bitbucket, etc.
- Experience in IT architecture, engineering, SDLC and operations preferred.
- PMP and ITIL certifications are beneficial.
- Ocassional international travel.
Exceptional Project Managers interested in exploring this rare opportunity with a global, leading company that supports continuous learning, creativity and excellence are invited to submit their resume in confidence to: