Field - Sales Internship
- Compensation is based on your experience.
- Job Function
- Sales & Business Development
- Job Type
- Salary Estimate
- 20,000 - 39,999
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Platterz is on a mission to reinvent corporate catering. We're a fast-growing, venture capitalist backed online marketplace designed to make ordering food exactly the way it should be - easy. Our sophisticated platform allows users to discover delicious meal options from their city’s top restaurants and caterers. Using a customer’s headcount, budget and dietary restrictions, Platterz’s AI-powered solution provides on-demand catering options for corporate lunches, meetings, and events.
Help us make offices more human.
As a Sales Intern, you will be responsible for generating and growing opportunities in our Kitchener- Waterloo market. You will be targeting senior decision makers at some of the most innovative companies across North America and educating them on the Platterz platform. Your responsibilities include:
- Growing our customer base by qualifying potential opportunities through emails and phone calls
- Generating as many qualified leads for Platterz using various inbound and outbound techniques
- Converting qualified leads and preparing them for meetings and demos
- Working closely with our Account Management Team and Marketing Specialists to execute campaigns, initiatives, and events
- Tracking the performance of your daily outreach and clients
- Degree in a related field or relevant industry experience
- Previous experience in an outbound sales environment
- Ability to generate leads
- Outstanding communication skills - you will be connecting with prospects constantly and you need to be well-spoken and meticulous in your email communications
- Amazing listening skills. It's one thing to talk, it's another to listen. You will need to hone in on what the customer is truly asking for and be able to reflect back.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in B2B Enterprise Sales
- Experience with HubSpot or other CRM platforms
- Startup experience
Working With Us/Perks:
We’re a performance-driven, entrepreneurial team passionate about a job well-done. We embrace learning opportunities, mentorship, creative problem solving, all while having fun with silly inside-jokes. As a catering company, we promise to keep full with food from top caterers and restaurants on our platform. We don’t take ourselves too seriously and make sure to balance out challenging days with memorable nights.
Compensation is based on your experience.