Programs Coordinator (Contract until March 31, 2019)
Communitech is an industry-led innovation centre in Waterloo Region. We help tech companies start, Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
Canadian Digital Media Network (CDMN). CDMN is a national program that works with many organizations across Canada.
Reporting to the Director, Network Operations, and working closely with the Managers of Network Programs, the Programs Coordinator will support all CDMN activities and take on the following:
- Support the program delivery of all CDMN programming, including, but not limited to:
- CDMN Soft Landing program
- CDMN Get There program
- Passport program and related relationships
- Tech Life Benefits
- Bi-Annual Hub Meeting
- Best practice and training workshops
- Coordinate CDMN Board of Advisory quarterly meetings
- Support and coordinate the content delivery of CDMN social platforms, including, but not limited to:
- Monthly newsletter
- Provide administrative support to the Operations team including, but not limited to scheduling meetings and preparing expenses.
- Work with the Director, Network Operations and the Managers of Network Programs to ensure the flawless execution of network-related events, best practices, and programs that meet the growing and changing demands of a network of innovation centres across Canada.
- Provide excellent customer support when interacting with all network members and program clients on such things as: program applications, response to inquiries, processing of expense claims, organizing virtual and in-person meetings, arranging travel, creating client records, etc.
- Generate required usage reports and organize distribution of required information to appropriate parties
- Capture key customer information and metrics using the SalesForce CRM and produce required corporate reports
- Represent and enable the CDMN team at events where required.
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant work experience is required.
- Previous experience working with enabling or growth organizations is an asset
- You are a relationship builder with strong interpersonal skills
- Solid organization and time-management skills
- Proactive and results oriented
- Ability to maintain confidential information is required
- You are calm in a storm, and can multi-task and organize activities against changing priorities
- A passion for social media is an asset
- SalesForce experience is an asset
Please click on the link below to create a Plum Profile, which will help us determine if our company is a fit for you, ensure that you will be happy and fulfilled. Please also upload your resume and cover letter by April 19, 2018.
Start Now! http://bit.ly/2GvUqn2
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status.
Founded in 2009 by Communitech, the Canadian Digital Media Network is a peer group of innovation centres across Canada, dedicated to the support of Canada’s digital entrepreneurs. A federal Centre of Excellence in Commercialization and Research, CDMN is dedicated to establishing Canada as a world leader in digital technologies by creating and enabling connections and collaboration between entrepreneurs, companies, research institutes, government and intermediary organizations across the country. CDMN members help bring digital media solutions to market to create more companies, jobs and wealth in Canada.