Strategic Initiatives Coordinator (Contract until December 31, 2018)
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
The Strategic Initiatives team brings together key players—from startups and global brands, to government agencies, and academic institutions —to inspire persistent innovation and revolutionize the way we leverage data.
Reporting to Director, Strategic Initiatives and working closely with the SI Program Managers and Specialists, the Strategic Initiatives Coordinator will support all data innovation programs, including the Open Data Exchange (ODX) initiative, and take on the following:
- Support the program delivery of all data innovation programming, including, but not limited to:
- Review incoming invoices and submit to accounting
- Prepare program agreements from templates, as required
- Support the recruiting of startups and scale-ups for participation in various Communitech programs including workshops, incubators, accelerators and Collision Days (approx. 1.5 days per week), including:
- Work with appropriate account managers and business development staff to bring new customers on board
- Work with internal delivery teams to plan and execute the events bringing together startup, small and medium companies including room/venue booking, room set-up, order catering, etc.
- Track progress of resulting collaborative agreements including resulting partnerships and company growth for reporting purposes
- Provide administrative support for team operations including, but not limited to capturing/consolidating key program information and metrics using the appropriate tools and producing required reports (approx. 1 day per week)
- Provide excellent customer support when interacting with all member companies and program clients on such things as: program applications, response to inquiries, organizing virtual and in-person meetings, arranging travel, etc.
- Represent and enable the SI team at events where required.
- Build relationships with other groups within Communitech in support of the various initiatives
- Other duties as required from time to time. All duties subject to change.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience is required
- Previous experience working with enabling or growth organizations is an asset
- You are a relationship builder with strong interpersonal skills
- Solid organization and ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent requests and prioritize those requests based on impact
- Proactive and results oriented
- Ability to maintain confidential information is required
- You are calm in a storm, and can organize activities against changing priorities
- Strong Google suite or Microsoft Office skills
- Salesforce experience, as well as experience supporting a business-to-business sales function, is an asset
Please click on the link below to create a Plum Profile, which will help us determine if our company is a fit for you, ensure that you will be happy and fulfilled. Please also upload your resume and cover letter by April 19, 2018.
Start Now! http://bit.ly/2q1mPqb
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status