- 2G Robotics Inc.
- Job Function
- Sales & Business Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Are you interested in helping finding solutions for the most challenging underwater tasks? Do you have a passion for supporting the customer and building lasting relationships within large organizations? If so, the 2G Robotics Account Manager position might be right for you.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Account Manager will be responsible for overseeing a portfolio of assigned customers and developing business from existing clients by actively seeking new sales opportunities in line with individual sales targets. The Account Manager will be expected to work cross-functionally with internal teams (Production, R&D) and collaborate on projects as part of the customer experience.
Ensuring customer success will be a key aspect of this role. This role will support our customers in using 2G’s underwater sensors for new projects and applications. As a result, occasional travel may be required.
- Maintain regular contact with a wide array of contacts within account base
- Work to understand the organizational structure of companies within base
- Identify opportunities to expand the relationship with existing customers
- Educate our international customers though in-person and online meetings / presentations.
- Generate proposals for customers.
- Negotiate with customers on the terms of a sale
- Close deals and follow up with customers after product delivery.
- Travel to trade shows and customer facilities around the world to educate them on the use of our equipment (approximately 10% of time with common destinations being Houston, Norway, London, and Scotland.)
- Other duties as assigned
The Must Haves:
- High level of robotics technical proficiency and aptitude for creative problem solving
- 1 to 3 years' experience in technical sales
- Outstanding written and spoken English
- Competitive - continually striving for personal bests
- Demonstrated success in a customer facing position
- Past experience educating others on technical issues
- Desire to continuously learn and improve
- Ability to take charge of your own work and excel independently
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule
The Nice to Haves:
- Proposal Writing Experience
- Demonstrated capability working at a small company
- Experience in a consulting, technical sales engineering, account management or outbound sales capacity
- A proven record carrying and exceeding a personal quota
- Experience with underwater surveying and sensors a bonus(ie. Inertial Navigation Systems, Sonar Systems, etc).
- Employee education fund
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- International travel opportunities
- Fun Squad events - Our social committee likes to dream up all kinds of wacky and wonderful events; Comedy nights, snow tubing and board game nights to name a few!
- Veggie Thursdays: Fresh veggies platters provided every Thursday
- Demo Wednesdays: A chance to provide departmental updates and share your knowledge over lunch
- Random Tim’s: A daily draw where you could be selected to have coffee with a co-worker on us!
About 2G Robotics
2G Robotics’ mission is to design and manufacture the best imaging and 3D measurement equipment for subsea surveys and inspections in order to ensure safe offshore operation and mitigate environmental damage precipitated by subsea asset failure. The company is dedicated to advanced research, development, and engineering for the production of cutting-edge underwater inspection solutions. The foundation of 2G Robotics is its engineering expertise in the development of innovative and reliable systems, which has led to the success of its market-leading ULS line of underwater laser scanners. These scanners have been used on all seven continents at extreme depths for a range of underwater inspections, including the high-profile Costa Concordia salvage operation, the U-576 Uboat Inspection, HMS Erebus exploration, and a scan of the Titanic wreckage.
To learn more about life at 2G Robotics, follow us on Twitter (@2GRobotics) and LinkedIn!