You look at consumer electronics and the first thing you think about is where they sourced their components and how the product is built. You have a solid understanding of Product Lifecycle and Engineering Change Management processes with strong program management and communication skills. You enjoy working with cross-functional teams to drive product documentation, configuration management and product change control best practices.
- Within 15 days,
- Develop an understanding of the current systems in use at Thalmic – Netsuite ERP, Arena PLM and Thalmic Information Management Systems (TIMs)
- Gain an understanding of product complexity including current BOM set up
- Familiarize yourself with the inventory transactions currently performed for pre-production builds
- Within 30 days,
- Maintain data integrity throughout the systems and reporting tools
- Establish processes and procedures for change management
- Create material items and sub-assemblies in the Arena PLM system and integrate with NetSuite including master data set-up
- Within 60 days,
- Own and project manage the creation, processing, and review of Bills of Materials (BOM), Engineering Change Orders (ECO), Deviations and Product Readiness activities throughout the product lifecycle
- Manage product documentation requirements for new product readiness
- Plan and co-ordinate the implementation of ECNs considering the impact on the MPS and inventory
- Provide input to the project team regarding schedule, issues, deliverable expectations related to change management
- Participate in process improvement initiatives with cross-functional teams
What you need:
- University Degree/College Diploma in Business Administration / Operations
- 3+ years of progressive experience in change management in a flexible manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Systems
- Deep understanding of Engineering Change Orders (ECO), Bill of Material structuring, part attributes, and New Production Introduction (NPI) processes
- Exposure to PLM concepts in a configure to order and replenish to order environment
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with Arena PLM
- Configuration Management Certification
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.