Senior Software Developer
The Senior Software Developer performs design, implementation and maintenance of Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) application integration infrastructure, functionality, and supports integration projects.
• 50% Drive software development lifecycle by planning and completing tasks within the requirements of the ANSYS development process. Perform design, implementation and maintenance of multiple product modules. Participate in product design meetings and in the absence of product architects, may serve as a product architect.
• 30% Perform complex bug verification, release testing, and beta support for assigned products. Research and develop solutions to problems discovered by QA or product support. Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
• 15% Research and understand the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues. Research new technology or development tools to remain informed of current trends and innovation.
• 5% May assist in performing on-site client work on complex applications.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
• A minimum of 8 years of commercial software development experience
• Proficiency in C++ and C# under Visual Studio IDE
• Experience in developing front to mid tier applications
• Excellent technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation.
• Expertise with object-oriented design and design patterns
• Excellent skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation.
• Excellent understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance. Aware of business issues as they impact overall project plans.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively in a geographically distributed organization.
• Coding experience with computer-aided design & engineering concepts is a strong plus
• Linux-based development and debugging experience is a plus
• Web technology experience is a plus
• Microsoft COM experience is a plus
• QT framework experience is a plus