Do you have demonstrated experience in DevOps tools and technology? Are you an expert resource to provide insight and recommendations based on industry and technology trends?
If you answered yes then we have just the opportunity for you!
Reporting to and receiving day-to-day supervision from the Manager, Software Development / DevOps, the DevOps Specialist is responsible for enabling and maintaining the continuous build and integration processes and supporting environments including production.
Who We Are:
Economical Insurance is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies, but there’s really much more to us than that. Since our beginnings in 1871, we’ve been an organization that has imagined bigger and better things, inspiring us to take chances and think innovatively.
Our employees are the reason we’ve come as far as we have, and the reason we’ll go much further still. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together.
Who We’re Looking For:
- You understand environment and infrastructure requirements and planning (performance scalability, reliability and security)
- You have demonstrated knowledge of application design and development trends, practices and architecture specifically in regards to DevOps tools and technology
- You are highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- You are resourceful and able to troubleshoot and research solutions independently
- You take responsibility for seeing your assignments through to completion and ensuring that stakeholders are kept informed
IT Operational Expertise
- Ensures that the development resources are using consistent design and development procedures, processes, standards, and tools that align to Economical's SDLC methodology (e.g., Agile/Lean)
- Documents sound software and infrastructure designs, processes, and coding practices so that projects are completed on time and with quality
Your Skills and Experience:
- University Degree or college diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- In-depth knowledge of Linux OS, virtualization, cloud on-demand computing, all configuration tasks and a wide variety of open source tools and application stacks that need to be automated (Tomcat, Maven, Ant, IIB/MQ, IIS, Oracle database, SQL Server etc.)
- Experience configuring and managing all tools required for automated dynamic DevOps environment (Docker, git/Bitbucket Server, Jenkins, ELK, Artifactory, Ansible, New Relic, Atlassian suite of products like JIRA and Confluence)
- Understanding of development workflow - software code branching models and promotion workflow from development to staging to production (git/Bitbucket Server)
- Experience with scripting tools (e.g., bash, Powershell)
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Previous development background is an asset
- Ability to work closely with developers to integrate and constantly refine development process into CI/CD pipeline
- Facilitate, design, and implement continuous integration improvements
- Provide and maintain integrations between development/source control/build/deployment tools
- Automate and streamline operations and processes
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments
- Develop (and automate where possible) standard operating procedures around common failure scenarios (e.g. scripted/automated rollback, failovers, escalation procedures, etc.)
- Monitor, analyze and report performance statistics for cloud and on-premise hosted environments
- Relevant industry-related certifications such as ITIL, PMP, Kanban or Scrum Master are considered an asset
- Experience with PMCL, SDLC and Agile/Lean methodology is preferred
What You’ll Experience:
- A fun and supportive team with opportunity to grow
- Great benefits, ongoing education, and competitive pay
- A company that values the community, wellness and work-life balance