· Are you innovative and passionate about technology?
· Are you a natural leader and mentor?
· Do you enjoy fostering and managing vendor relationships?
The DevOps Manager is responsible for leading and managing the DevOps capability of the IT organization to enable successful execution of DevOps work. The successful candidate will manage Economical IT and on-shore/off-shore IT Partner delivery by ensuring a strong partner relationship.
Who We Are:
Economical Insurance is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies, but there’s really much more to us than that. Since our beginnings in 1871, we’ve been an organization that has imagined bigger and better things, inspiring us to take chances and think innovatively. In 2016, we launched our direct digital arm, Sonnet . Our employees are the reason we’ve come as far as we have, and the reason we’ll go much further still. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together.
Who We’re Looking for:
- You’re a forward-thinking individual with an eye on the future
- A demonstrated ability to think strategically
- You demand high performance from yourself and your teams
- Your adaptable to a changing and fast paced environment
- Always remains calm under pressure
- Professional and courteous in all interactions
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- Managing the day-to-day relationship and delivery of an IT Partner across a specific contract, ensuring smooth day-to-day delivery of support and project services
- Developing, coaching/mentoring and managing the performance of the team members who report directly to you, ensuring achievement of business, functional and individual goals
- Participating in the recruiting, hiring and termination processes following Economical’s HR standards and policies
- Managing the overall capacity to meet the demand
- Promoting and supporting an environment that encourages productivity, collaboration, teamwork, and a high level of professionalism; and resolving conflict amongst the team
- Actively promoting and helping build understanding and capabilities around Economical's current SDLC methodology and standardized ITIL processes, and identifying and implementing continuous improvement of processes, standards and tools in your function
- Ensuring that resources are using consistent design and development procedures, processes, standards, and tools that align to Economical's SDLC methodology (e.g., Agile / Lean)
- Coordinating and prioritizing operational incidents, problems, changes and multiple development and maintenance initiatives and projects
- Helping monitor risks and issues, and escalating to IT leadership and business as appropriate
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with Project Managers, Architects, Tech Leads, Client Delivery Partners, and other IT leaders
Your Skills & Experience:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- 7+ years of experience in DevOps, Environment and/or Developer support
- 5+ years of management/leadership experience leading technical IT teams
- Demonstrated experience managing an external partner relationship
- Strong knowledge of build, scripting, configuration management, monitoring and other DevOps tools and technologies
- Experience in P&C insurance industry is considered an asset
What You’ll Experience:
- An incredible team of smart, diverse, and supportive people
- Great benefits, ongoing education, and competitive pay
- A company that values the community, wellness and work-life balance