Tulip Retail is the world’s first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Toys”R”Us believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of store associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to the product information, while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omni-channel world.
We believe in investing in our people, building lasting partnerships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry!
We have a new exciting opportunity to join the Tulip family as an Account Executive (AE). The role will be responsible for the direct sales of Tulip’s Enterprise Software to Retailers. This includes educating the market on the Tulip Retail Platform while working closely with some of the worlds best retail brands. At Tulip we have long-term relationships with our clients and the Account Executive will work to develop and deepen those relationships over time.
Sound like you?
As a trusted Tulip sales expert, you will consult potential partners and work with the inside sales team to help further qualify leads, as well as coach and mentor extended sales team members. You have a passion for being a part of new innovative technology and making a splash in the retail industry!
What you'll do:
- Drive sales of the Tulip Retail Platform and Mobile Apps to achieve quota; accountable for meeting or exceeding assigned sales objectives on a quarterly and annual basis
- Develop and execute the business plan, account plans, strategy and tactics to generate revenue from the assigned geographical territory and/or account base within North America
- Develop customer specific value propositions, business cases, and ROI
- Understand customer’s business objectives. Be able to align the Tulip Retail Platform to their problems ensuring Tulip is viewed as a strategic partner to help them meet these goals
- Responsible for annual and quarterly strategic business plan to achieve Tulip Retail platform sales objectives
- Develop sales initiatives and work cross-functionally within Tulip and our extended partner community to execute sales programs with excellence
- Educate customers on the Tulip Retail solution and the value it brings to a large retail organization
- Engage executives in targeted retail accounts and help them along a buying process
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects using SalesForce and other tools
- Negotiate complex multi-phased deals including professional services
What we would like to see:
- 10+ years previous enterprise SaaS sales experience in an outside sales role with demonstrated success in closing large complex deals
- Prior experience selling software to Retail is highly desirable, e.g. eCommerce, POS, OMS, RFID, Store Operations, OmniChannel etc.
- Strong track record in identifying customer needs and working with clients to define solutions
- Proven ability to quickly learn new solutions and technology
- Excellent product demonstration skills
- Salesforce.com experience
- Sales leadership skills a plus
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.