- BSM Technologies
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Why we need you
We are looking for engineers who can provide all aspects of system test and technical support including integration, testing, implementation, documentation and production support. This position will work closely with customers on investigating and resolving advanced technical issues and will work with other technical team members on Beta testing, system testing on new products, automation and integration efforts. You will be the product expert who knows how things work end-end.
We need you because:
You are self-directed: you don’t wait for others to tell you what needs doing.
You self-align: you do what the company needs done, when it needs to be done, without having to be asked.
You are accountable: you crave ownership of what you work on, take credit for your successes, and accept responsibility for your failures.
You are versatile: you bring a specific skill set, but don’t hesitate to help where you’re most needed; depending on your strength, you are comfortable working on either the front-end or back-end.
What you’ll tell your friends you do
“Each day I’m becoming a better engineer by working with a stellar team and helping governments, rail, construction and service companies make smarter business decisions using great IoT tech.”
What you will really be doing
- Prioritize, track, and process customer requests in an efficient and timely manner.
- Analyze complex problems and provide solutions, and when practical, develop solutions to technical problems.
- Alpha / Beta management and engagement in new product introduction
- Quality Assurance, documentation and regression testing.
- Bug reproduction and logging.
- Identify design related issues.
- Patch Development and testing, patch packaging.
- Engineering voice in client calls, provide expert advice and information during the calls
- Data Driven reporting
- Automate key support tasks
- System level end to end testing and automation
Who you’ll be working with
We work in distributed, cross-functional teams. The systems engineer works as part of the Engineering team, who works closely with QA, customer support, solution engineers, other teams and BSM clients.
What we need you to bring
- Ability to solve problems under time pressure with frequent interruptions and work effectively in a variety of roles with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- The ability to demonstrate both excellent verbal & written communication and customer service skills is mandatory.
- Minimum 1 year of working experience in a technical support team handling complex product support issues.
- Experience in developing software and test automation.
- Experience working with and writing queries for SQL databases
- A passion and curiosity for learning new things
- Great interpersonal skills and a passion for working in a fast-paced setting
- Self-directed personality who is committed to continually improving both self and team
Benefits and Perks
- Three weeks paid vacation per year
- Extended health benefits and MSP fully paid by company
- Long term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick days
- Transit subsidy
- Monthly lunches
- Fun monthly social events
- Employee Discounts
- Recognition and awards
- Tuition Assistance
- Online learning (Lynda.com access; HR downloads)
BSM Technologies is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
BSM Technologies Inc. (BSM) is Global Top 20 provider of GPS fleet and asset management solutions through robust telematics & location-smart software. We drive efficiency gains for our customers in the rail, construction, government, transportation, and services industries through enhanced management for their entire fleet of mobile and stationary assets. Our robust solutions provide the ability to view powerful fleet and asset data on a single platform to access incredible data and the ability to excel.
At BSM we strive to nurture an environment of constant learning and skill building to deliver value to our customers. Our culture is energetic, friendly, and customer focused.