Embedded Software Engineer -- Advanced Communications | IOT
Our client a dynamic, global leader in the design and development of cutting edge, embedded communication systems and devices in the areas of Connected Mobility, Internet of Things, and Advanced Networking and Controls, has a rare opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer to join their elite team in Waterloo.
Your initial responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Advanced R & D team you will be using your real-time embedded software design and development knowledge to create leading edge products to be used in systems worldwide.
- Actively participating in the definition, specification, development, documentation, maintenance, and verification of firmware designs, for one or more assigned design projects. Project areas may include next generation work in advanced communications, IOT, telematics or industrial automation.
- Working with Systems Architects to define scope and specifications of projects through development to launch.
- Participation in design reviews.
Your previous skills and experience include:
- Fluency in embedded C/C++
- Knowledge of UML and model driven development
- Familiarity with real-time systems and non-Windows based systems (QNX, VxWorks, eLinux)
- Knowledge of and/or experience in developing Ethernet based protocols, specifically work with the TCP/ IP stack and any none-standard communication protocols are assets.
- Previous experience developing for mission critical environments (Aerospace, Defence, etc.), Internet of Things, Telematics or Industrial
Compensation is competitive and includes a world class benefits package, paid education, flex time, aggressive bonus plan and the opportunity for rapid advancement.
Exceptional developers interested in exploring this rare opportunity to join a global organization that supports creativity, excellence and autonomy are invited to submit their resume confidentially to: