Procurement Specialist (Contract)
Position: Procurement Specialist (Contract)
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 3-5 Years of relevant experience
Education: Degree or Diploma in relevant field
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: Clearpath Robotics (www.clearpathrobotics.com) and OTTO Motors (www.ottomotors.com)
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
As Clearpath grows exponentially and continues to design and build robots full of awesomeness, we need someone to come in to aid in the purchase of super awesome robot parts! With more robots shipping out than ever before, we’re looking for a Procurement Specialist to join the team and keep up with our growth. This position offers the best mix of responsibility, challenge, and enjoyment. We’re looking for someone who can come in, take charge, and help keep our supply chain running smoothly.
As our Procurement Specialist, you will work among our fantastic Supply Chain/Operations Team within OTTO Motors, Clearpath’sIndustrial division. You will wear many hats, work with every department in our company, and be around the coolest robots you can imagine. (Bonus points if you’re friends with cool robots…we’ll hire them too!)
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Find ways to reduce costs to produce robots
- Functionally purchase materials
- Negotiate with supply partners to give Clearpath fair and optimal pricing
- Manage Clearpath supplier relationships and facilitate technical contact with suppliers
- Perform first-contact “triage” on all incoming supply chain inquiries
- Solidify and document standardized procurement processes
Additional tasks may include:
- Conduct on-site supplier audits; other travel may be involved
- Work with other departments to improve inter-departmental cooperation and effectiveness
- Build accurate material costing knowledge base
- Manage the supply partnerships within our supply chain
- Help bring resolution to supplier quality issues
- Act as liaison between Engineering Dept and suppliers
- Aid in DFP (Design For Procurement) improvement initiatives
- Act upon incoming quote requests
- Identify and manage supply risks early to minimize/eliminate impact to production
You want to work for a growing, yet thriving, company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You’ll like being the point person for purchasing concerns. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
- Degree or Diploma in a relevant field
- Strong business acumen and understanding of procurement process
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to quickly evaluate and assess a problem situation and prioritize courses of action
- Being comfortable in a customer-facing situation, and acting with professionalism in each of those instances
- Hands-on purchasing experience
Bonus points for:
- Experience with design programs (e.g. Solidworks)
- Experience with value stream mapping
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.