Jr. Software Tester
Client Outlook is a leading healthcare technology company with a passion for improving people’s lives. Our unique solution serves as a backbone for healthcare organizations to help physicians access medical images and patient information so that they can make critical care decisions. We have powerful technology and talented people and we develop meaningful solutions that make a difference. At Client Outlook we’re building innovative IT solutions that provide Health Professionals with secure access to the information they need at the point of care.
Our environment is collaborative, innovative, flexible and challenging. We encourage new ideas, and we support everyone to realize their full potential.
Our applications are multi-tiered, high-volume, life-saving products based on the latest technologies. Within this start-up environment you will be responsible for software quality assurance of our applications – you will participate in all phases of the development lifecycle. Test enterprise-level web applications for an exciting company that began as start-up and has become an established company that highly values the development and end-user experience.
- Effectively generates system test cases and performs some associated manual testing.
- Performs Test Validation, troubleshooting and debugging.
- Participates in test case reviews and automation case reviews.
- Properly documents test results and reporting.
- Report critical issues and work with the team lead to resolve.
- Monitor progress to meet milestones or deadlines.
- Perform functionality, usability, and regression testing of products.
- Test configuration and compatibility of software on multiple hardware platforms.
- Track, analyze, record and verify all software functionality discrepancies and development corrections.
- Carry out scheduled plans and provide feedback to V&V Team Lead.
- Follow software quality assurance procedures to test and evaluate software products.
- Escalate critical issues to the V&V Team Lead.
- Develop, perform, and document test procedures to verify problem fixes.
- Contribute to the development and follow-up of test plans and materials.
- Directly responsible for adhering to all company and QA policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by manager with accountability and responsibility defined prior to the commencement of these duties.
- Possess basic knowledge of software quality assurance practices.Able to work with minimum technical direction.
- Possess effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Able to work in Windows or Linux.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux shells.
- Working knowledge of any scripting language is a plus.
- Familiarity with web technologies and browser tools.
- Familiarity with automated test frameworks.
- Entry level position
- Technical degree or diploma from an accredited University or College program in area of Quality Assurance or Computer Science is a plus.
- 1+ years of experience in software testing is a plus.
- Knowledge of gaming, mobile testing, and/or web services is an asset.
- Strong aptitude for learning technical activities and software
Education / Skills:
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Understanding of test life
Experience working in a regulated environment.
Tools & Equipment
Software system and tools, test platforms, test equipment, test software microcomputer and other office equipment.
Client Outlook offers:
A rewarding career for outstanding professionals and a collaborative and inclusive culture, with flexible practices that focus on our people's well-being.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or via telephone at 519-342-3049 ext 222, to provide your contact information. The HR staff will contact you within 48 hours.
We thank you for your interest, only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.