- 2G Robotics Inc.
- Job Function
- Manufacturing, Operations
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Are you passionate about building supplier relationships and establishing industry connections? Do you have an eye for quality and a details-focused mindset? Can you negotiate your way in and out of difficult situations and contracts with vendors?
2G Robotics is hiring for a Purchasing Specialist and we’re looking for an individual with business savvy and the ability to create and maintain long lasting relationships with current and future suppliers. If you think you have what it takes, 2G Robotics wants to hear from you!
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Purchasing Specialist will be tasked with collaborating with suppliers to establish targets, and monitor the overall performance related to supplier deliverables and quality of product. You will partner with them to ensure continuous improvement initiatives are developed. Building and fostering supplier and vendor relationships will be the key to success with this role. Your negotiation skills will be put to the test, as you will negotiate price and contract terms while still maintaining quality control to the advantage of 2G Robotics.
- Maintain and develop relationships with key suppliers
- Purchase order administration and maintenance
- Establish a supplier approval system to approve new suppliers and suspend or terminate poor performers
- Cultivate a network of contacts within the industry to understand key players and help to reduce dependency on sole source suppliers
- Engage in the inventory management process and make decisions based on statistical data and forecast data from sales
- Responsible for shipping and receiving
- Other duties as assigned
The Must Haves:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a purchasing, procurement or related role
- Degree or diploma in purchasing/supply chain management, or related field
- Proven track record of being able to successfully apply negotiation skills
- Experience using ERP/MRP tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative problem-solver
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity to represent 2G values
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule
The Nice to Haves:
- Experience using NetSuite (ERP)
- Purchasing experience in small, fast-growing company
- Established industry connections
- Proficiency in G Suite
- Employee education fund
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- Fun Squad events - Our social committee likes to dream up all kinds of wacky and wonderful events; Comedy nights, snow tubing and board game nights to name a few!
- Veggie Thursdays: Fresh veggies platters provided every Thursday
- Demo Wednesdays: A chance to provide departmental updates and share your knowledge over lunch
- Random Tim’s: A daily draw where you could be selected to have coffee with a co-worker on us!
About 2G Robotics
2G Robotics’ mission is to design and manufacture the best imaging and 3D measurement equipment for subsea surveys and inspections in order to ensure safe offshore operation and mitigate environmental damage precipitated by subsea asset failure. We are dedicated to advanced research, development, and engineering for the production of cutting-edge underwater inspection solutions. The foundation of 2G Robotics is its wealth of engineering expertise in the development of innovative and reliable systems, which has led to the success of its market-leading ULS line of underwater laser scanners. These scanners have been used on all seven continents at extreme depths for a range of underwater inspections, including the high-profile Costa Concordia salvage operation, the U-576 U-boat inspection, HMS Erebus exploration and a scan of the Titanic wreckage.
2G Robotics is committed to a collaborative culture of innovation focused on the development of advanced measurement systems for the installation, inspection, and maintenance of the world’s subsea assets. These include, offshore wind and power systems, deep water oil and gas installations and others.
To learn more about life at 2G Robotics, follow us on Twitter (@2GRobotics) and LinkedIn!