Position: Product Marketing Manager
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 7+ years relevant experience in Marketing
Education: BSc/BA or diploma in marketing, business, communications, or equivalent
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research-solutions divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job:
Product Marketing is a critical function for the company. The successful candidate will take ownership for the strategy and adoption of the OTTO product line in the markets we serve. The position requires the ability to analyze market dynamics and to articulate a compelling product marketing strategy to the company. The Product Marketing Manager is an incredible evangelist and able to speak to large audiences (written and verbal) with credibility and passion for OTTO products and services.
- Own the product line’s marketing strategy including segmentation and prioritization, new product introduction, go-to-market programs, and ownership of all customer-facing materials, sales training, and KPIs.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in each market segment and resonates with OTTO’s target customers and partners.
- Create compelling product content that communicates the value proposition of OTTO products and services, such as product collateral, whitepapers, articles, technical briefs, and presentations.
- Provide direction and be accountable to the strategy and performance of all marketing campaigns for the product. Work closely with product, marketing, sales, and leadership to iterate and maintain a feedback loop for go-to-market strategy, messaging, and tactics.
- Provide research on target segments, where they are, how they buy, their budgets, and their buying criteria. Ensure that the product selling process matches the buyer’s buying process.
- Be knowledgeable of our competition and provide documented intelligence and guidance on how to win in the market.
- Clearly articulate the dominant selling ideas and value propositions of the product line to all customer-facing teams. Host internal training and preparation sessions that educate and align internal stakeholders with positioning for new and existing features, services, and go-to-market programs.
You want to work for a company with a vision to impact the world. You are a leader and natural collaborator - a highly driven, high energy person that views work as more than just a job. You’re a big-picture thinker, that possesses a unique blend of both business and technical savvy. You are never satisfied with a project left half-done and want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some combination of experience, higher education, and common sense to back it up.
Product Marketers come from various backgrounds, therefore, most importantly we are looking for someone who matches the description above and is looking to take on the world. That being said we consider these baseline for our next team member:
- 7+ years direct product management experience
- Business, Marketing, or Creative background
- A proven track record of launching great products
- Testimonials from empowered sales teams
- Unusually great organizational and time management skills
- Excellent in both verbal and visual communication
- Collaborative to your core
- Experience marketing software to the industrial space
Bonus points for:
- Experience building robots, self-driving vehicles, or cloud based software
- Previous experience introducing disruptive technology to the market
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.