Position: Software Engineer
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 3+ Years of relevant workplace experience
Education: Undergraduate degree (SE, CS, or equivalent)
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to help us make our industrial vehicles smarter and more reliable. The robots are comprised of an onboard Linux PC connected to various embedded devices by CAN, Ethernet, and USB. The vehicles must be stable over weeks of continuous runtime.
You will be responsible for significant portions of the software for the projects you are assigned to— you will own your projects from conception, through design and implementation, and support. You will work closely with the rest of the Clearpath development team to make sure that we are delivering well engineered solutions, and will help the production team initiate mass manufacturing on the results.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of software, which may include:
- application development ( C++, Python, ROS )
- tools and deployment infrastructure (packaging, configuration)
- micro controller bringup, development, debugging, bug re-creation.
- Architecture development, in conjunction with our electrical engineers
- Participating in team-wide code and architecture reviews
- Concept development, in conjunction with our application engineers and product team
You want to work for a fast-paced, growing company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with less than 100% effort. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
Your software is reliable, to the point where you'd be comfortable sealing it in a box and sending it halfway around the world. You are a bridge between the embedded software domain and Linux hosted applications. You are comfortable explaining complex concepts in laymen’s terms. You like the thought of working on projects that interact with the world, even more so when they can do so on their own. You're looking for a job where you get to interact with a diverse team and learn something new every day.
- C++, Python (3+ years)
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- You’ve shipped product
Bonus points for:
- Linux platform experience, especially Debian (dpkg, debhelper, debconf, and friends)
- Embedded development and debugging (JTAG, gdb)
- Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience with robotic systems
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.