Senior Software Developer
As a Senior Software Developer on our Product Development team, you will work with our technical and business leadership on one or more of our cybersecurity products.
You will bring your passion for software craftsmanship and knowledge of the latest trends and industry best practices in software development to deliver high quality solutions to the cybersecurity threats affecting our customers.
At eSentire, we work collaboratively in an open, transparent and inclusive development culture. All team members are encouraged and expected to interact with Product Managers, fellow Developers, Testers, and other stakeholders throughout the product development life-cycle.
What we want to see:
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving (knowing how to balance time vs. effort vs. perfection)
- Passion and empathy to help others around succeed for the benefit of the whole team and the whole organisation
- Ability to mentor other team members in technical skills
- Fostering of best practices within the team
- Passion to use TDD, BDD to create high quality software
- Exceptional interpersonal, multi-tasking and teamwork skills
- A high degree of energy and enthusiasm for software development
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively in a transparent and team-based culture
- Exceptional English communication skills (both written and verbal)
What you will be doing:
- Improve product quality through sound development practices
- Creating and improving clean, accurate, maintainable, and testable code, often working in tandem with Product Managers, fellow Developers, QA Specialists, Designers, and UX team
- Participate in agile project execution - daily stand ups, collaborative peer reviews and product demos
- Apply excellent communications skills, creativity and practical knowledge to benefit our clients and to effectively represent our company
- System analysis, design, coding and testing of new features, re-factor and maintain existing code, where necessary
- Design / architect micro-service that are parts of the overall service-oriented architecture within the guidelines given by the technical leadership
- Identify opportunities to improve solutions or processes and offers constructive suggestions for positive change
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a BSc Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
- OO Analysis, Design and Development
- Passionate about delivering continuous value through agile and lean delivery methodologies
- Excels working within highly collaborative teams to build great software solutions
- Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to meet tight project deadlines
- Agile delivery experience is preferred, where you have worked in a collaborative development team in an iterative manner
- Exceptional English communication skills (both written and verbal) are a must
Nice to Have experience in one or more of:
- Experience working with scripting languages, Python or Ruby preferred
- Experience with NoSQL stores like Elasticsearch, MongoDB, CouchDB, ES, Apache Solr, Cassandra, HBase, Hadoop
- Experience with messaging middleware or stream processors like RabbitMQ, Apache Storm, or Apache Kafka
- Experience with Linux container technology and its management platforms like Apache Mesos, Google Kubernetes or similar platforms
- Experience with distributed file storage and filesystems like HDFS and similar
- Experience with Continuous Deployment practices and tools
- Experience with Big Data frameworks
- Experience with Cloud Platforms like Google Cloud Platform, AWS
Why a Career with eSentire?
About us: eSentire® is the largest pure-play Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service provider, keeping organizations safe from constantly evolving cyber-attacks that technology alone cannot prevent. Its 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC), staffed by elite security analysts, hunts, investigates, and responds in real-time to known and unknown threats before they become business disrupting events. Protecting more than $5 trillion in corporate assets, eSentire absorbs the complexity of cybersecurity, delivering enterprise-grade protection and the ability to comply with growing regulatory requirements. For more information, visit www.eSentire.com and follow @eSentire.
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide free breakfast and refreshments, flexible hours, half day off birthdays, concierge services, RRSP matching program, subsidies for continuing education and health and wellness and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at email@example.com and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.