You're a champion for the user with a passion for crafting engaging and intuitive experiences. You love experimenting with technology and aren’t afraid to fail on the path to deeper understanding. You're thoughtful and creative, with a need to express yourself through hands-on work. You can quickly pull together prototypes to test and iterate on designs. You are excited to work with talented designers and engineers who are pushing the boundaries of human-computer interaction.
What you'll do:
- Implement beautiful, engaging, and intuitive user interfaces and applications for a revolutionary new wearable computing system
- Work closely with user experience design and engineering teams to take ideas and rapidly iterate from concept to prototype, to final product
- Develop software tools and strategies to facilitate rapid prototyping and iteration
What you need:
- Strong coding skill in C++, Java, or another high-level language
- Proven ability to quickly learn new languages, frameworks, and platforms
- Sound judgement in tradeoffs between quickly proving concepts and building maintainable production code
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent (in lieu of degree, minimum four years of relevant work experience)
Bonus points for:
- Experience with the Qt framework and QML-based UIs
- Experience implementing applications across several form factors and input methods
- Experience working on a product that combines both software and hardware
- Relevant personal projects and open source work
- Proficiency with git
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we encourage unconventional thinking, thrive on great communication and debate, and know how to move quickly. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning and improvement. Most of all, we set high standards and ambitious goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.