Supply Chain Specialist
You look at consumer electronics and the first thing you think about is where they sourced their components. With the know how to clearly communicate and align cross-functional teams both internal and external, you will establish a standard of excellence across the organization. You'll be a part of a growing supply chain team which is responsible for buying some of the coolest tech in the world.
What you’ll do:
- Calculate material requirements based on order demand
- Issue all purchase orders, releases, and rescheduling material for production needs
- Track receipts and expedite and resolve supply issues
- Maintain direct relationships with all suppliers to negotiate pricing, payment, and supply terms for both direct and indirect purchases
- Track inventory levels and consumption
- Contact potential suppliers, perform reference checks, issue non-disclosure agreements, and issue, review, and evaluate quotes
- Maintain all costing information and establish a regular cost review process
- Maintain item and vendor masters on Arena and Netsuite
- Ensure regulatory compliance of parts (where required)
- Work closely with Accounting, Order Fulfillment, Manufacturing, and Engineering
What you need:
- 5+ years of supply chain experience within a high volume consumer electronics environment
- BS/BA or diploma in the Supply Chain Management profession or equivalent education
- C.P.P. or SCMP designation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to work on cross-functional and collaborative teams
- Ability to work during evenings to communicate with remote suppliers as required
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Netsuite
- Experience with Arena PLM and regulatory requirements for components such as batteries and WEEE, RoHS, etc.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.